The Prophecy (Part Two - Tattoo Goddess VS Eagle Warrior)

The three warriors catch up with Maya and Acat decides she wants to show off and show Zatz how powerful she is and make him want to ignore Loba. It backfires.

They had kept a close eye on the Eagle Warrior as she traveled, Zatz and Loba feeling a bit guilty over her sabotaged supplies. Acat couldn't care less and just wanted to get her hands on the girl, seeing her as competition and a chance to win Zatz' heart all over again. As soon as they got close enough, Acat decided to call out to her.

"Oh, Princess Maya, come out to play-ee-ay!" She laughed, keeping herself hidden.

"Hey, whoever you are, too chicken to fight me one on one?" Maya teased before mimicking a chicken, flapping her arms like wings. Loba laughed as Acat growled and stomped her foot against the tree branch.

"Quiet you." She growled at Loba. "That stupid half-breed did not call me out!" She spat, ready to pounce on the young warrior right then and there.

"Remember our mission." Zatz warned, arms crossed next to her.

"I'm gonna enjoy punishing that stuck-up princessa." Acat laughed before moving closer to Zatz, kissing his cheek. He showed no emotion as he turned.

"Alive, Acat." He warned again, focused on Maya below.

"But of course, mi príncipe." Acat bows before making her way down the tree and into the air, creating glowing purple wings from her tattoos with an incantation. Maya looked at the woman in confusion as Acat laughed. "I am Acat, Goddess of Tattoos! Prepare to taste my ink!" She yelled with a grin.

"Me and my mighty beast aren't afraid of you!" Maya said, her macuahuitl at the ready. Chiapa whimpered before taking off with a yowl. "Chiapa, hold on!" She yelled after him as he bolted through the treeline. Acat leaned her head back laughing at the sight. "I am Princess Maya, Teca Eagle Warrior!" She yelled, leaping into the air for a moment. "Prepare to taste my claw, caca face!" She teased, spinning her macuahuitl with a smile. Acat scoffed.

"Oh, I'm going to have fun with you. Did you think some spoiled, privileged princess could take on a warrior goddess like me? " She asked, making two snake swords appear from the tattoos on her hands.

"Yeah, I think I can take you." Maya admitted, readying herself.

"Oh it's on." Acat said as she flew at Maya, clashing with her, both women pushed back in the process. Acat laughed as she made her wings disappear and sprinted at Maya swinging her swords wildly at her. Maya backed up as she blocked each attack. Their weapons collide as Acat forces Maya back further, laughing as she swings herself around swords spinning with her, making Maya narrowly avoid getting hit by leaning back, the sword itches away from cutting her hair. Acat yells as she swings down hard, Maya leaping back and into a tree.

"No one touches my hair." She spat as she landed on a tree branch. Loba and Zatz looked at each other, impressed and surprised at the Princess' skill.

"I wasn't going for your hair." Acat sprinted after her again jumping high into the air towards Maya, swinging her swords down hard again with a grunt. Maya jumps out of the way and starts running up the tree, Acat on her tail. "You can run but you can't--" she gets cut off as Maya quickly turns and kicks her in the face, making her fall back and out of the tree. She catches herself with one of her snakes and lands on the ground.

"I hate snakes." Maya mumbles looking down.

"Well, how do you feel about trees?" Acat asks as her snakes connect with the tree. She grunts and pulls hard, pulling the tree and it's roots from the ground and knocking Maya out of it. She lands on the ground as Acat manages to lift the tree into the air and throw it onto Maya.

"I like trees." Maya awkwardly smiles as the tree comes crashing down. The dust from it's landing filled the clearing, even blowing up to the tree perch Zatz and Loba were at. They both started down below in shock, desperately looking around for the Princess.

Suddenly, Maya jumps from behind the tree, relieving both demigods and impressing them both even more.

"That was amazing. If you weren't trying to kill me, we could be best friends." Maya admitted as she slid down Acat's snake.

"What? Best friends?" Acat asked before Maya hit her in the head with her macuahuitl, knocking her back. Acat uses her wings to help her keep herself upright as she slides back.

"I don't need any friends. I've never needed anyone." Acat spits. Tense silence grows between the two women as they await each other's next moves. "I have Zatz." Acat smiles as she flies into the air. Acat snaps her fingers, her wings expanding as each feather turns into a blade. "Good night, princess." She grins before snapping her fingers again, the blades throwing themselves at Maya, she runs as the blades fall directly behind her.

Acat summons one final, larger blade with her incantations and launches it at Maya, who reflects it back to Acat, only for another to come and knock her helmet off, knocking her off balance. She sends out four more blades, the final striking Maya's arm as it flies by, making her fall to her knees from the pain. Acat chuckles as she lands on the ground, making her way towards Maya. She growls and throws her macuahuitl at Acat's face, who blocks it with her wing. She growls and kicks Maya in the face, knocking her down.

"Girl time is over. I'm going to take your heart out and give it to my boyfriend, and we'll be together forever." She coos as she holds her hands together.

"Maya." Zatz says, concerned as he moves a bit closer to the edge of the branch.

"Maya?" Acat repeats, jealousy in her tone as she rips the macuahuitl from her wing with a growl. "She has got to go." She hissed as she lifted the macuahuitl over her head, preparing to swing it down hard on the fallen girl, but she stopped short as Zatz yelled "Alive, Acat!".

"Lord Mictlan needs her alive for his sacrifice!" He reminds her. She whines out a 'fine!' as she turns back to face him. She turns back to Maya and smiles.

"I'll just rearrange her face." She chuckles as she goes to swing again. Maya manages to wake up just in time to grab one of Acat's fallen blades and strike her in the heart with it. She cries out in pain as she looks down at her chest. "You stabbed me with my own snake?"

"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Maya apologies, backing away from Acat a few steps. Acat laughs as the blade is absorbed back into her skin, confusing Maya.

"Silly half-breed," She starts, leaning closer to Maya as she gets in her face. "Did you really think you–" She grunted as Maya headbutted her hard, knocking her unconscious.

"Bravo, Maya!" Zatz and Loba cheered from the tree, clapping.

"Cállate." She responds quickly as she picks up Eagle Claw from the ground. She grunts as she raises it over her head. "If it is to be, it is up to me!" She cried, preparing to finish off Acat, but stops once she sees her reflection, seeing how terrible this looked. "But not like this." She looked away as she lowered Eagle Claw, sheathing it on her back and retrieving her helmet. Maya looked up and gasped as she noticed beautiful lights in the clouds.

"Follow the clouds." She repeated from the crazy lady from earlier. "Gracias, Ah Puch." She smiled as she ran in the direction the clouds had led her, towards Luna Island.