Chapter Twenty-nine

*****

Natharine's PoV;

The smell of freshly baked bread and cookies brings calm to my whole being.

What happened yesterday was unexpected, chaotic for me, and painful.

My wolf's cafe has been neglected. Although my friends were here to look out and manage, they are not that good when it comes to baking.

Bright and Saint know how to bake but not the other pastries that need extra time and efforts like sourdough and cinnamon roll.

I have to divert my focus on making bread and pastries today or else I will go crazy.

I can't erase the image of my mother crying while kissing that handkerchief with star embroidery. The way she kissed it, begging forgiveness.

The way my brother Win look at me in surprise and tears in his eyes. There are hopes and pain in there.

The oven makes a beep sound and that pulls me out from my drowning emotions. I took a deep breath and close my eyes tightly to suppress the tears that is about to fall.

Biting my lips, I walk towards the oven and pull out the tray that has croissants in it. I remember Mew, I left the house with heavy feelings and I know I make him worried.

I turn around to call Saint but he was there at the door already, intently staring at me. With Bright behind him,

They knew what happened,

Of course!

My brother is Bright's mate.

"Can I ask for a favor, Bro? " I look at Saint with a smile but he only shakes his head and pulls a chair.

"Not unless you tell me. " He said in a serious tone.

I look at him in dismay and lower my head.

I'm not ready to talk about it,

It'll make me cry.

"Okay, what do you want? " Saint ask me again glance at Bright.

"I'm sorry, I just... I'm not ready to talk about it yet. " I answered honestly.

I saw him nod his head and press his lips.

He stood up and tap my shoulder.

"Anytime, when you are ready. You know that" he said and hug me.

I know what he means, I get what he wants to say.

He will wait, I am his brother.

"You should just stay at home and rest, you make us all worried. " Bright chirp in behind me and he also give a tap on my shoulder.

"I'm fine, I promise. " I assured them and smile at them.

"Now, what is the favor you want from me, Natharine? " Saint said sweetly.

That makes me and Bright laugh.

I take a deep breath again.

"Can you deliver something? " I look at him and he nods but confusion is written on his face.

"For Mew? " Bright asked and I smile at him.

"Yes, I left this morning without saying a word, and I know he is worried about me right now. " I said and lower my head, picking up the paper boxes to prepare the bread to be delivered for my mate.

"You know that I have never been to his house, right? " Saint asked me and raise his two eyebrows playfully.

"Silly, of course, I know. I will give you the address, just go there. Butler Greg will pick you up at the gate. He knows what to do. " I told him and he chuckle.