Prologue: Monstadt

It's a bright normal day in the free city of Monstadt. However, there's definitely no lapse in drama...

Diluc: "Someone, take the drunk bard out."

Kaeya: "Hmm? I like his song though..."

Venti: "I need you to stay, need you to stay heeey"!

Diluc: "He's crying hysterically while singing a song. It's 11 in the morning!

Rosaria: "I like this song. It awakens your heart".

Diluc: "It's depressing".

Kaeya: (Hmm.... I think I know)

Venti: "Oh this reminds me of my friend from long ago. Lost to the winds to forever go. Ahhhhhhhh".

Diluc: "Now he's even more hysterical. Now he really needs to go".

The door opens and Acting Grandmaster Jean enters.

Kaeya: "Oh ho? Grandmaster Jean? What are you doing in a tavern? Especially at this hour".

Jean: Hello Kaeya. Have any of you seen Xingqui? That book scholar from Liyue"?

Diluc: "No".

Kaeya: "I believe not".

Rosario: "No".

Jean: "Ok thanks. I would ask Venti.... but I don't think he's ok right now".

Venti: "Oh Jean! Hey! What are you doing here"?

Jean: "Ah hello Venti".

Venti: "Ah Master Diluc, Sister Rosaria and Kaeya, please forget what happened before. It's just, this song sets me off. Eh he he".

Diluc: "Fine, I will forget that.... performance. But not your bills".

Kaeya: "Mhm? I think the song set someone else of too".

Jean: "Anyways, Venti have you see Xingqui? Chongyun reported he was missing since yesterday afternoon, after he went on a commission to get a rare book. He hasn't been seen since".

Venti: "Ah, the one with that weird haircut? And always carrying a book"?

Jean: "Yes, him".

Venti: "I saw him yesterday, at my- I mean Barbatos's statue. He then walked towards the Adventures' Guild".

Jean: "Ok, thank you".

Jean leaves the tavern. Venti has a concerned and ominous look on his face.

Venti: Mhm, I best be going! I have... stuff to attend to. See you later"!

Venti exits the tavern.

Diluc: "Hmm, I wonder what that was about. Kaeya, I think you should get yourself out of here, before I chase you out".

Kaeya: "Of course, brother".

Diluc: "Hmphh"!

Kaeya quickly leaves the tavern. Diluc sighs and continues on his work.  Venti is running as fast as he can, towards Stormterror's Lair. He knows what's going on. It only happens every thousandth year, and it was here. The Archon's needed to fulfil their duties, the three of them. And he had to warn Rex Lapis and Baal. Oh why did it have to be Monstadt first? The scholar clearly knew what was going to happen. He had seen the book Xingqui had been carrying... Venti shook his head. He had to continue. He grabbed his lyre, and proceeded to summon Stormterror. He would save everyone. Before it was too late.