We Don't Talk About Lesbians

main character: Elizabeth Weatherby (oc)
ship: dolores madrigal x oc
summary: the traditional village of encanto and its villagers had never wanted more than they had, yet they all did. Dolores Madrigal is quiet, for she had always been told to stay silent and not to tell people of what she has heard. Camilo Madrigal doesn't know who he is, constantly shapeshifting to avoid the fact that he has no clue what he'll do with his life. Antonio Madrigal is scared, he doesn't want to be somebody, he just wants to be normal. When a strange English visitor arrives and charms them all, what will happen to their lives?

-------------

Elizabeth Weatherby jumped off of the bus, golden hair flying out from the sensible style her aunt had put it in. Aunt Mary was always worried about what a lady should be and what a lady should do but Elizabeth couldn't care less. Her blue, summery frock came just to her knees and showed more bare skin on arms and legs than a 'lady' should but it was Elizabeth's favourite dress. One must always where one's favourite dress when embarking on an adventure.

She walked down the bustling streets, taking in the sights and sounds of the busy town. Encanto was a place of many colours and Elizabeth felt immediately home amongst the bright clothes and even brighter personalities. To top it all off, it was sunny. Encanto was the exact opposite of where Elizabeth lived back home. London was full of men wearing black suits and women wearing ridiculously frilly dresses that sweeped over the cobblestones that were always wet with rain. 

Perhaps the most exciting place in Encanto was a tall house at the top of the hill. It did not seem the kind of house that would actually be able to stay upright, with curvy walls and doors that you had to be a contortionist to fit through. It was the most incredible building Elizabeth had ever seen, and she lucky enough to be staying there. 

Aunt Mary had sent many letters to families who lived in Encanto, asking whether they would let Elizabeth stay there. Most people seemed hesitant to let a foreigner stay in there house but one letter was different. The letter was from a woman named Pepa Madrigal. The letter itself had a few drops of what seemed to water on it, it looked very sun-damaged and everytime Pepa wrote 'whether' she wrote 'weather', but aside from that, they were more than happy to let Elizabeth stay in their house.

Elizabeth knocked on the front door, holding her leather suitcase in left hand so that her right one was free for hand-shaking. She noticed that almost everyone iniciates a hand-shake with their right hand, so she made it as easy as possible for people. A woman with dark hair piled into a bun on her head answered the door. She had a few wrinkles on her tanned face and a few streaks of grey in her hair, giving her a motherly appearance.

"You must Miss Weatherby," smiled the woman, stirring the mixture in a bowl that was tucked under her left arm. She extended her right hand for Elizabeth to shake. "I'm Julietta Madrigal."

"Are you Pepa Madrigal's sister?" Elizabeth asked, shaking Julietta's hand. 

"Yes, I am. Do come inside, sweetheart."

Elizabeth stepped inside, only to discover two things: there were a lot of Madrigals; the house was even better on the inside. Vines with purple and pink flowers twisted around columns, the doors glowed with a peculiar, golden light and there were people everywhere. A red-haired woman stepped through toward Elizabeth, a welcoming smile on her face.

"Ah, Miss Weatherby! Sorry, I wasn't at the door to greet you," the woman said. "I'm Pepa Madrigal, your aunt wrote to me."

Elizabeth nodded but she really wasn't paying attention to Pepa. She was paying attention to the small storm cloud above her head. Was that what Pepa's letter had meant by the family having special 'gifts'? Elizabeth could hardly wait to find out what the rest of the family's gifts were. Julietta placed an arm on Pepa's shoulder.