Umbridge

During the Feast, Marlene looked over to Seamus who was looking at Harry, "Stop being so hostile

During the Feast, Marlene looked over to Seamus who was looking at Harry, "Stop being so hostile." 

Seamus held up his hands and turned back to his food just as Dumbledore started talking, "Good evening, children. Welcome back to another year at Hogwarts." 

"Do you think he rehearses these?" Dean asked 

Seamus nodded, "Definitley, in his mirror no doubt." 

"Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. First, we're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank, who will be taking Care of Magical Creatures while Professor Hagrid is temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher: Professor Dolores Umbridge." 

"I'm guessing she likes pink." Seamus said 

Marlene looked at Umbridge, "That makes my eyes hurt. She seems to be far too happy here." 

"And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-" 

Dumbledore was cut off by Umbridge standing up and walking to the front of the hall

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry said 

Marlene sighed, "Great. This should be fun." 

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." Umbridge said 

Marlene looked to her left when she heard the twins say, "That's likely." 

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." 

Umbridge chuckled as she walked back to her seat, "Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating."

"Illuminating? What a load of waffle." Zac said 

"What's it mean?" Harry asked 

"It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts." Marlene said, "I hate her already." 

. . . .  . .  

Back in the common room, Marlene was sitting at one of the tables with, Seamus, Dean and Zac who was sitting on one of the armchairs behind Seamus when Harry walked over to them, "Dean, Seamus. Good holiday?"

Dean nodded, "All right. Better than Seamus', anyway."

"My mum didn't want me to come back this year." Seamus said 

Harry looked confused as he said, "Why not?"

"Let me see. Because of you." Seamus said as he stood up, "The Daily Prophet's been saying a lot of things about you and Dumbledore."

Harry scoffed and said, "What, your mum believes them?"

"Nobody was there the night Cedric died." Seamus said 

"I guess you should read the Prophet, then, like your stupid mother-" 

Seamus cut Harry off, "Don't talk about my mother."

"I'll have a go at anyone that calls me a liar!" Harry shouted 

Marlene stood up, "Seamus come on what is this?" 

"He's mad, is what's going on. Do you believe the rubbish he's come out with about You-Know-Who?" Seamus asked 

Marlene nodded, "Yeah. I do." 

Ron stood up and said, "Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?" 

Everyone stayed quiet and Harry, Zac and Ron walked up the stairs.

Just then a letter appeared in front of Marlene and dropped to the table, "Oh what did you do?" Dean asked 

"What? What is that?" Marlene asked 

Seamus pointed to the picture in the corner of the picture of a phoenix, "That's from Dumbledore." 

Suddenly the twins apparated behind Marlene, "What did you do Marlene?" 

"Hexing you if you don't be quiet." Marlene said with a smile as she picked up the letter and opened 

Miss Lupin, 

Please make your way to the Headmaster's office. This is of the upmost importance. 

"Great. Looks like I'm missing first defence class." Marlene said as she stood up, "Let me know what happens." 

"Will do." Seamus said as she picked up her bag and walked up the stairs to her dorm room 

. . . . . . . .

When she walked in, she looked up at the picture frame and saw that had a picture in it, "You know it's still strange to see that have something in it. Know anything about why Dumbledore wants to see me?" 

"Nope. I don't have a painting in there. Would love one though imagine all the things I could find out." 

Marlene chuckled as she put her bag down, "All knowing huh? Not my thing. You know I think everyone's going a bit mad not knowing who to believe. Harry or the Ministry." 

"That they are...how are your fathers?" 

"They're all good-" 

Marlene was cut off by Natasha walking in, "Who were you talking too?" 

"Myself. This isn't a new thing you know that." Marlene said as she walked out and shut the door 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote (Don't be silent readers I love you guys)