Cricket

I walk to the Outclaw Oasis. It's the best coffee shop in town, and I'm a barista there. I need the money for college in a few years. I have my black, long, asymmetrical bob open, wearing a long-sleeved yellow knotted t-shirt over black jeans and with a trench coat, which I take off and replace with my green apron once I reach the store.

"Cricket, cookie dough to table 3!" The boss yells when I walk over. That's always Blue's order! I happily go find him. I really like him, but I don't know if he likes me back.

"Hihi!" I excitedly greet Blue.

"Hey Cricket!" He replies. I hand him his drink. "Oh, thanks!" Blue adds.

I walk back to the counter.

"Can I have a lukewarm chai tea latte please?" I use an employee discount, but I tip the rest of what I would have payed, and then rejoin Blue. The cafe's mostly empty other than us right now, anyway. 

"Hi again!" I say.

"Hey!" Blue replies.

"So, how are things?"

"Great, actually! I started reading Harry Potter just like you said I should, and I really like it!"

"Great! By the way, do you think I should join the Science Olympics? Willow told me that I should join, and I do know a lot of random, cool stuff, and they also need like, one more member. I wanna learn more things, but it'll take a lot of time, and I think in the higher levels you need to travel places. But on the other hand, there's- brr!" I shiver. "Sorry, I should've brought a jacket I can actually WEAR with my uniform apron!" I shudder, as a cold breeze passes over me when somebody walks in. I sip my drink, but it's the middle of December, and cold!

"Do you want mine?" Blue offers. Aww! He's so sweet!

"Thank you, you'd do that for me? But you can have it."

"No really, it's fine, you need it more than I do, and you're working."

"Thank you!" I slip it on, and for a moment, we make eye contact, him looking into my amber eyes and me in his clear, crystal blue, captivating eyes. His purple, messy hair is really cute, too, and I could just stare at him all day.

"Cricket, get over here! We need this pumpkin spice latte to table 7, and next is your shift at the drive-thru!" My boss yells.

"Yes ma'am!" I prettily respond, before going off to work!

A/N

OMG I HAVE SO MANY READS SO FAST, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! :)

-BookLoversForever13