Tsunami

I'm applying purple lipgloss in my locker mirror. It's time to go see Riptide! I take off my jacket my stupid mom gave me and reveal my turquoise crop top and zip-up mini skirt. Ugh, Coral is SO   overprotective!

Riptide's just climbing out of the pool when I reach him. We have this weird sign on the door that says;

Welcome to our OOL!

Notice how there's no 'P' in it?

Keep it that way!

Like, how DUMB is that!

"Hey, Suzie!" He greets me.

"Really, Tyler?" We have an inside joke where we say the wrong name that kinda sounds like ours.

"Really, Mia." We laugh.

"I know you always have parties and stuff, but do you wanna study for the midterms next week?"    He asks, drying his hair.

"Um, sure!" I respond, twirling a strand of hair around my finger. Cliche, I know. 

We spend practically hours just studying, and the library empties up.

"So, Nadia, what's the equation for velocity?" 

"Well, Ray, it's displacement over time. "

"You know, I'm actually pretty scared! Midterms are so soon, you know? And it finally feels, well, real!"

"Yeah. It's just been a weird year, you know? You became swim captain, I broke up with Whirlpool, Sundew and Willow announced they were together, Peril transferred here. Lots of stuff." 

"Not a loot of good stuff happene-" But I cut him off with a kiss.

"How about now?" I ask, breathless, a little later.

"Amazing year." He grins. 

"Who would've thought Sunny got a BF before me."

"Wait, I like you and all, but isn't this a bit fast?"

"Um, shy Sunny and Starflight got together fast, why can't we?"

"Listen Tsu, I really like you, but you're always concerned about other people, and how they do things, and what they think of you." His face hardens.

"But do you love me?"

"I-"

To be continued....