ᴅɪᴇ, ᴅɪᴇ, ᴅɪᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅᴀʀʟɪɴɢ

"Come on Gracie!" Cliff called out as he sat in his truck.

"Hold on one second, I'm going!"

Grace grabbed her black crossbody tote bag which was decked out with pins and patches as she finished tying her pair of black combat boots and rushed over to the garage door and hopped inside of the truck.

" 'Hurry up and eat Cliff, Are you done yet? Let's go!' to think you were the one rushing me to leave!" Cliff looked over at grace with a look of fake annoyance.

"uh-huh just start driving, Burton" Cliff smiled and nodded.

-

She also made sure to pack a few cassette tapes for their ride, Cliff had mentioned to her that the ride there would be quite the long one. He was taking her to a record store she had never been to before that was also huge.

Grace had brought three albums with her. Motörhead- Ace Of Spades, R.E.M- Murmur and Lynard Skynard- Second Helping. Three albums both her and Cliff extremely enjoyed.

She held them up in her hand "Chose one, my sexy driver." Cliff raised an eyebrow and smirked, he pointed at Ace Of Spades.

Grace placed the cassette into the truck's radio as Cliff got onto the highway and rolled down the windows.

There was rarely any awkwardness between the two of them, So instantly as the loud music started blaring from the speakers the both of them started fooling around playing their respective air guitar and bass. It was around 5-6 in the afternoon and the sun was setting to reveal the beautiful California sky, Cliff was going about 70 mph, the highway was quite empty so they soon arrived at their destination.

-

I got out of the car, Cliff ahead of me. He held the door open as I smiled at him and walked in. We greeted the worker at the front desk and then headed toward the Metal/Rock section in the back. We both started carefully sorting through all of the different pieces of vinyl.

"Hey look! "I turned to Cliff's direction to see him hold up a red and black Metallica vinyl.

"No way! this is so cool" I never thought I would join a band, especially one that would be successful enough to get vinyl into stores. I took a vinyl from the same stack Cliff had gotten the one in his hands, he flipped his copy over.

"Hey check out the rhythm guitarist, she's really pretty don't you think?" Cliff looked at me with puppy dog eyes, I wanted to tease him just a bit.

"Oh I'm not sure, have you seen the drummer? "I asked him as he glared at me.

"I'm just joking! he looks like he'd bite my ankles and steal all the cheese from our fridge at midnight." I put the Kill Em' All vinyl back into its stack and headed over to the punk rock pile, Cliff following behind me.

"I think the bassist is quite handsome. I can't even begin to imagine how good he must be with fingers." I continued my banter with him.

But it was obvious Cliff tensed up a bit, I considered this payback for his teasing in the car.

I kept looking through all the records and found 1 or 2 I enjoyed. As we walked around things were kinda weird, Cliff felt sort of distant and quiet. Did my joke make him uncomfortable? I hope not that wasn't my intention at all.

I was losing hope in finding the only album I really wanted, but when I saw it I practically jumped up and down due to sheer happiness. I could tell Cliff wanted to know why I was so happy all of a sudden.

"Cliff look! it's the new Misfit album. It isn't supposed to come out until later this year. They sent a limited amount of pressings to only a few record shops. This is super fucking cool!" I thought Cliff would seem happier, Misfits are one of his favorite bands, Something was obviously up or at least I thought before he kissed me.