Second

Kaer Morhen didn't change a bit since my last visit – which, to tell you the truth wasn't yesterday. Maybe the athmosphere, but everything else was just the same – the witchers, the decoration, the rooms, everything.

Even Vesemir, the good old witcher who had taught Geralt, as well. The Vesemir, who still remembered me so well that he greeted me with opened arms, hugging tightly, the ruff surface of his clothes leaving a mark on my cheeks.

"Neria, my girl!" he exclaimed happily. He examined me from the top of my head until the end of my toes soundly, then backwards. His eyes were shining in pride. "You've become such an astonishing, healthy, young woman"

The compliment brought a smile onto my lips. "Thank you, Vesemir. You look great, as well"

Yeah, you can say that I wasn't the best at compliments.

"So, I heard that the chaos itself called you here" the witcher went on, immediately mentioning the main reason behind my presence. The man guided us to a smaller table to sit down.

We obeyed. Geralt sat down beside his master and I sat down beside Dandelion.

Another witcher, whose name I didn't remember that well, brought us some drinks. Aka pure beer with middle-thick, creamy foam on its top.

My favourite.

You can ask on an indignant voice that how this can be my favourite drink as a woman. Well, my friend, the answer as simple as the way I took a deep sip from the jar. I grew up among buffy men.

Suddenly, I heard a chuckle beside myself. It was Dandelion, laughing hard at the way I drank from the jar, his bright blue gaze staring me in awe. I put down the jar and wiped off the foam stuck to my lips with my hand, like a true man would do. "What? I grew up here. You could have guessed I'll inherit some manly custom from these meat-towers"

"I'm just impressed how much you haven't changed the same time you look so much more... adult" the man replied, gulping down some mouthful of beer. His gaze now looked as if they were gazing far away from Kaer Morhen, into a space that wasn't in the present world now. "I remember you drinking from my beer when you were only a little girl. I had to hold you down not to drink it entirely"

As the mentioned memory swam right into my head, I couln't help but giggle on that, as well. "Oh yeah, I remember that! I was such a naughty kid back then, oh my Lord"

The bard nodded in agreement straight away. Even too soon, meaning that he probably misunderstood my statement in the wrong way. His smile was too obvious, so he deserved a little shocking magic through my pinky finger into his own hand. He hissed and jumped a little bit, making me chuckle even more.

God, I missed Dandelion so bad.

During our little conversation, Vesemir had his own with my brother. They only broke their when the bard made a sudden jump, chided me and I began laughing even harder. From the corner of my eye, I saw Geralt's expression, that always-neutral expression showing off a tiny little smile he couldn't hold back.

That little smile put a crown onto the top of my day. Now anything will happen, I'll go on with the day happily.

"I see you have already found your place" Vesemir stated joyfully, changing suspicious glances between me and Dandelion. "And tell me, Neria, do you know why the chaos called you here? Has it told you yet what your purpose is?"

Sadly, I had to shook my head. "No. Not yet at least... it doesn't just tell me what I have to do. It just gives me a warning that I will be needed at some place. And it seems it chose Kaer Mohren for my next mission"

"I see" replied the older witcher, brushing his beard with his fingers. "Then be welcomed to our little home for as long as you just need. You just need to share this entire place with one other woman..."

And with that, as if it was already written in the big book, this 'other woman' entered the hall, with some other witchers guiding her toward us.

I immediately recognised who that was. Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon, aka Princess Cirilla from Cintra. Her hair showed too much similarity with Geralt – and, if I heard well, it wasn't by accident. She was my brother's surprise child, aka the niece I have never had. I was beyond excited to meet her finally, in real life.

Also, she was a princess, for gods sake. I have never met any before, even though I was the little sister of the well-known white wolf. He tried his best to leave me out of his businesses so I can have a proper childhood. This is why I loved being with Dandelion, he spent so many time with me, he could have been my second brother.

As Princess Cirilla arrived to us, I stood up espectfully to meet her. The others did the same, with Geralt bypassing the table and standing between me and the other girl in order to introduce us to the other. "Ciri, this is my little sister, Neria. Neria, this is Princess Cirilla of Cintra. But I believe she isn't bothered by being called only 'Ciri'"

The girl showed me a friendly smile. "Of course not. Who is Geralt's friend is my friend, as well" then, the princess turned toward me, holding out a hand to shake. "Please, leave the formalities"

I accepted the offer and shook her hand. I tried my best not to show her how nervous I really was, not to mention the beer giving me a little dizziness. "Thank you, Ciri. It's a pleasure to meet the niece I could never have"

Cirilla chuckled. "Yeah. Same with you... I didn't really have a proper family"

Dandelion joined into the conversation, standing half beside, half behind me. He took a long look at me, then back at the princess. "I'm sure you'll have a great family here, Princess. You couldn't wish for a better aunt than Neria"

I peeked backwards above my shoudler, gazing into the mesmerizing, blue orbs. I wanted to say thank you to him so bad. I did want. Still, I wanted to do it in private, when there were only the two of us. Cause, as I wanted to form the thoughts into words, they got stuck and transformed into a strange feeling, which narrowed both my stomach and my stomach into a tiny little space that I almost couldn't gulp down my own saliva.

I knew I had to have a one-on-one eye meeting with him as soon as everyone decides to draw back to their rooms. To make sure him being up for the secret little meeting, I casted a spell to send him a little message through the airwaves, straight into his head, just as we used to with my schoolmates.

And do you know, why I did that?

Cause it told me. It spoke to me again.

It was Dandelion who needed my help. The chaos told me.