˚ ☁︎ ˚ Prologue »

« 序幕 »

Heeyoung closed her eyes , feeling the cool breeze brush past her cheeks as earplugs remained attached to her ears.

Melancholia.

Her lips formed a subtle smile , standing at the terrace , with music filling her ears , alluding peace to her mind.

"Choi Mihi?"

A tall boy with wavy bangs , stood behind her gripping a few letters on his hands.

She continued to vibe to the song , without being aware of his presence.

"CHOI MIHI!",he raised his voice.

Startled by the unfamiliar voice , she turned back , turning the music off.

She slowly unplugged her earphones , letting her gaze meet his.

He had a perfectly shaped nose with beautifully carved lips. Anyone could make it out that he was handsome.

"Yes?",she responded, thinking he had been calling her name, all this time,"Is there any problem?"

To her surprise , the boy forcefully threw the letters right at her face,"You are the problem."

"HEY!",her facial expression got replaced by a deep frown,"ARE YOU CRAZY?"

"Am I crazy?",he laughed in disbelief,"Can you stop sending me your annoying cheesy letters? YOU ARE NOT AT ALL MY TYPE."

"STOP SENDING YOU WHAT-",she knitted her eyebrows together in pure confusion and annoyance.

He took a step closer to her , shooting a sharp glare,"Stop playing dumb. I hate people like you."

"Wh-"

"DON'T YOU EVER DARE TO CROSS PATHS WITH ME AGAIN. OTHERWISE , YOU ARE DEAD MEAT.",he stormed down the stairs, leaving her dumb founded.

"THAT JERK- WHAT DOES HE THINK OF HIMSELF!",anger was evident on her face.

She lowered her gaze, glancing at one of the letters he had thrown at her.

Bending down , she held it on her hands began to read it-

"Dear Jake,

I love you so much!
I hope you know by now , it has been a month since I began sending you these letters.
I wish you loved me back.

I have finally , decided to reveal myself to you!
Meet me at the terrace in the afternoon.
I will be there, waiting for you.
Even if you don't come for a year , I will be waiting for you.
I love that much , baby!