secret part 2

Though, peter wasn't joining in on the fun. You sat next to him, hoping that if anything, your presence could at least be a comfort to him.

"I miss you." Peter admitted.

Your eyes widened in surprise, "wh-what?" you mumbled in confusion.

"i know it's only been a few days but, i miss you. Miss you knowing everything about me, that way i could know for sure that you liked me for who i truly am." he whispered almost voicelessly.

"okay, pete." you sighed. "spill."

"Bucky used himself as bait!" he yelled. Everyone in the quinjet stared at him and his neck started contorting, his head beaming down like a beaten dog about to get it.

"Peter, you son of a bi-" bucky began to groan

"can it, tin-man." tony hushed.

You knew exactly what tony was doing. Deflecting and putting the blame elsewhere. Finally, Mr. Tony Stark was no longer the bad guy, right? at least you could tell that's what he wanted... the negative attention to finally be off of him and onto someone else so he could guiltlessly release his anger. Yet, would he really do that to... to Peter?

"uh-uhm." Peter coughed. "He told me, he wanted to use himself as bait." he said again as little less confidently. "Mr. Barnes knew hydra bases were stacking up. He also knew that you guys..." his eyes traced over Tony in particular, "Wpuld say he was just... well, paranoid."

Bucky groaned in response.

"so, Mr. Barnes had to take, well what he said was- he had to take matters into his own hands." Peter explained, holding his hands in front of him to emphasize.

"you're adorable, Parker. Now tell us, why wouldn't you come to me, your leader about something like this? you know, this is much too heavy for a child." he went on with that gross, smug look smeared across his face. God was he ugly.

"You're the damn child, Stark." you spat, visibly shaking.

He didn't seem surprised nor phased by your outburst. He hadn't even done you the pleasure of looking at you while you spoke.

Peter was the one who took the shock, eyeing you as if he were seeing a ghost. Or maybe like he was seeing a mere girl yell at his version of God. you mean Peters obsession with Stark drove you a little crazy but that didn't mean you weren't glad to defend your best friend. It felt good, really. Peter had been brave and done what his heart felt right to do and that took serious balls.

"y/n has got a point, you wouldn't have done the right thing, Tone. Just like you hadn't done the right thing when you could have looked to see where bucky was." Bruce reasoned.

Everyone in the quinjet eyes Tony Starks disapprovingly. He hadn't won you guys back yet.