Chapter 4: The Apology.

The next day in class Kirishima wasn't there. Bakugou tried to talk to Denki, Sero, and Mina so he could apologize but they just ignored him. After school Bakugou didn't even try to talk to Kiri he just went straight to his room to think. If I can't get them to listen to me then what can I do? I could try force. No, then they'd just tell a teacher. I could just let it pass. No, because they are all too stubborn other than Kiri. Kiri! That's it! If I could get Kiri to listen to me maybe I could have his help with the others!

The next day Kirishima wasn't in class again. Damn it! Now I have to wait till the end of the day! "Bakugou!" "What?" "I asked if you knew what 2+27+(30*8) equals." "Oh um...269." "Correct. Next time please pay attention." "Yes Sir." After school Bakugou goes straight to Kiri's. "Kirishima! I know you're there! Open this door right now!" Silence. "Kiri... I just want to talk." He rests his head against the door. "Please." He says breathlessly. Suddenly Bakugou hears the door unlock and then there he is. Red hair is all messed up and wrapped in a blanket. "What." "Can I come in?" Kirishima hesitates. "Please?" Kirishima steps to the side and Bakugou walks in. Kirishima sits down on the bed still wrapped in a blanket. "What do you want Bakugou?" Bakugou looks down at the ground ashamed of how this is how things turned out. "I came to apologize..." Kiri's eyes shoot open. "I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean any of it. I know I don't show it but I love having you guys as my friends. I have been so lost all week. I only said what I did because a lot happened before you guys came over... My parents... had a big fight and...I'm worried this time everything won't be ok in the end... I was so stressed and angry that I took it out on you guys. So I'm sorry. Really I am. I just want my friends back... So will you forgive me?" Kiri's face shadows over. "That's not an excuse to treat us like that Bakugou." "What else was I supposed to do?!" "Talk to us! We're your friends! Just talk to us! We'll listen. It's what we do!" tears start to well up in Kiri's eyes and his voice goes raspy. "At least talk to me. I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything... You can trust me..."Bakugou drops to the floor head between his knees to hide his face which is now tear-stained. "I know and I'm sorry... I just... didn't know what to do...I still don't... Kiri... I'm terrified. Right now what I really need is your help." Suddenly Bakugou has arms wrapped around him and he feels safe. "Don't worry Bakubro. I'm here now. I forgive you." Bakugou picks his head up to see a grinning Kirishima with a blotchy tear-stained face. Bakugou wraps his arms around his best friend and lets out a shaky breathe he didn't know he was holding. I did it. I got my best friend back.