Chapter 12

When they got back to the trailer Betty and Jughead were exhausted.

Betty: "You ready to go to bed Jug?" She said stifling a yawn.

Jughead: "Yeah. It's not easy being us, is it?"

Betty: "No."

The next morning Betty and Jughead went to Pop's for breakfast as they were too tired to cook anything that morning. There were so many people there that morning. Betty and Jughead couldn't believe how Pop Tate managed to make so much food for so many people. Even on the days where Jughead worked, they were only two people making food for so many people. Betty knew it had to be exhausting for both of them but they kept smiling throughout each day and acted as if they weren't tired. Betty was proud of Jughead for getting a job at Pop's. She knew he was so happy working there. He always came home with a smile after work praising the work he had done that day. Betty always praised him for working so hard to support their baby girl. She still needed to ask her mom for a job at The Register. She knew her mom would ask why Betty wanted a job there. But, Betty would just have to tell her that journalism is where her passion lies. Which isn't technically lying. She loved writing for The Blue & Gold at school but it wasn't a paying job.

Betty: "After this, I think I'm going to head to my mom's place. I still haven't asked her for a job at The Register."

Jughead: "Whatever you need to do Juliet."

Time Skip

Betty: "Hey mom."

Alice: "Hello Elizabeth."

Betty: "Mom, I can't stay long. I just need to ask you something."

Alice: "What is it Elizabeth?"

Betty: "I was hoping you could give me a job at The Register."

Alice: "Well, why do you want to work there Betty?"

Betty: "You know I love writing for The Blue & Gold, but it's not a paying job. And if I were to work at The Register with you, we'd get to spend more time together."

Alice: "Well these are good reasons for me to hire you part-time at The Register..."

Betty: "So..."

Alice: "You're hired, Betty."

Betty: "Oh my god! Thank you, mom!"

Alice: "When can you start?"

Betty: "On Monday after school."

Alice: "Alright. So you'll drive to The Register after school on Monday?"

Betty: "Yeah."

Time Skip

Jughead: "Hey Betts. What did your mom say?"

Betty: "She hired me."

Jughead: "That's amazing Betts!"

Betty: "Yeah. But since I'm pregnant and I'm going to be working with her... How am I going to keep this pregnancy from her?"

Jughead: "Maybe it's time you told her the truth. I mean you're already a month in and you're going to start showing soon."

Betty: "You're right Jug. As soon as I get to the Register tomorrow I'm going to tell her."

Jughead: "That's my girl."

Time Skip

Betty: "Hey mom."

Alice: "Elizabeth. Are you ready to get started?"

Betty: "Not quite. There's something I need to tell you first."

Alice: "What is it Elizabeth?"

Betty: "Remember when I threw up and had to go to the Riverdale General?"

Alice: "Yes, I remember Betty. What about it?"

Betty: "And I told you it was just a stomach bug?"

Alice: "Yes."

Betty: "Well, I didn't exactly tell you the truth mom."

Alice: "What is the truth then Elizabeth?"

Betty: "I'm pregnant."

Alice: "WHAT?!"

Betty: "I know. I didn't want this to happen either but, now that it has, I can't be happier. I'm going to be a mother mom."

Alice: "How long have you been pregnant?"

Betty: "I'm a month in right now."

Alice: "A MONTH?! AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME?!"

Betty: "I know. I know you're mad but listen to me. I thought you would send me to the Sister's of Quiet Mercy if you found out like you did with Polly."

Alice: "I wouldn't have sent you there."

Betty: "You wouldn't have?"

Alice: "No. I want to be part of my grandbabies life now that I know about it."

Betty: "Do you want to know the gender?"

Alice: "I do."

Betty: "It's a healthy baby girl."

Alice: "I'm going to have a second granddaughter?"

Betty: "Yes."

Alice: "And Polly's going to be an aunt?"

Betty: "Yes."

Alice: "Oh my goodness. Thank you for telling me now and not eight months from now."

Betty: "Yeah. That would have been pretty awkward."

Alice: "Are you ready to get started as an employee of The Register?"

Betty: "I'm ready."

Alice: "In that case I have your first assignment."

Author's note:

Wow. I can't believe what just happened. I thought for sure Alice would have sent Betty to the Sisters. Huh. I am so excited to write the next chapter. Thank you all so much for reading. Have a great day everyone! :)