Chapter 32

The next morning Bughead went to Kevin's house to show him the recording that Jughead had gotten the previous night. Kevin was all too familiar with Bughead's previous investigations so he let them off the hook for breaking and entering. He knew that he had to investigate this further so he called his NYC counterparts to look for traces of a bomb in the plane wreckage.

Kevin: "I appreciate you bringing this to me. Do you know the name of the receptionist you said was in this recording?"

Betty: "No. We're working on figuring that out."

Kevin: "Do you guys really think it's safe for you guys to be going after Doctor Smith and this receptionist?"

Jughead: "Do you not remember how dangerous the investigations we did in high school were? They were way more dangerous than this is going to be."

Kevin: "I should go with you."

Betty: "No Kevin. It would look a lot more suspicious if we had the sheriff going with us into the hospital."

Jughead: "Betty's right Kevin. If you go with us, forget it we're compromised."

Kevin: "Fine. But be careful."

Jughead: "You know it, Kevin."

Betty: "We will be. Thanks, Kev."

After they finished at Kevin's place they brought Juliana to stay at Alice's house while they went to the hospital to check on Julian and to investigate. They knew it could get dangerous and they didn't want Juliana to be in harm's way.

Betty: "We need you to stay here for a while Juliana."

Juliana: "Why? Why do I need to stay with grandma?"

Jughead: "We can't really explain it right now Juliana. We just need you to stay here with grandma and we need you to behave and be our good little girl. Can you do that for us?"

Juliana: "Yes daddy."

Jughead: "Be good for grandma."

Betty: "I'll call you later to explain mom. Thank you for watching her."

Alice: "It's my pleasure, Betty. I've been wanting to spend some quality bonding time with my granddaughter."

Betty: "Bye Juliana. We love you."

Juliana: "I love you too mommy."

Later in the car...

Betty: "I feel so bad just leaving her at my mom's house without an explanation."

Jughead: "So do I. But you know it's for her own protection Bets."

Betty: "You're right Juggy. That actually reminds me. I should call my mom and tell her what we're doing and make her swear not to tell Juliana. I don't want Juliana to worry about us."

After Betty called Alice to explain she felt better. At least now her mom knew what was going on. Even if her mother didn't approve of Betty going off on an investigation she knew that she was a grown woman and she didn't have control over her anymore.

Jughead: "We're here."

Betty: "Okay. Let's do this."

They checked in and went to Julian's room. To their delight, Julian was no longer pale and he seemed to be doing a lot better than how he was doing yesterday.

Betty: "You seem to be doing better this morning Julian."

Julian: "Well thanks to two certain doctors ;)."

Jughead laughed. He knew what Julian was implying. He knew Betty knew too based on her beautiful and contagious laughter. Even in times of crisis, Jughead knew that Betty was beautiful and absolutely perfect for him.