The Devil's Angel Chapter One

You know what’s funny? Have a guess.

Nothing. I lied life isn’t great. Friends aren’t great. Well apart from a couple of people I know. 

Yeah, yeah I should have faith in more people but most people only want answers and nothing else. Well that’s what I’ve learnt over the years… while I was alive… well I’m alive now I guess? I just live off people’s energy.

Yeah, I shouldn't let my past affect my life. That’s what your probably thinking right? But seriously if you heard about mine you would only pity me and I seriously hate being pitied, so don't. Most people understand what it’s like being someone in a dark, cold and evil place. That’s where I live I guess. You could guess where that is right? It’s pretty simple. Well maybe I don't really know these days… with the new generation playing around and stuffing up their lives.

I watch you from when you are born till you die. I am not what you think I am. I am a Guardian Angel. I guess that’s what you could call me except I only make your mistakes and I will make you relive them if I don't think you made the right choice, I am your Guardian Angel that is stuck in hell because I stuffed up my life and now it’s my turn to stuff up yours as well…

This is my life wrapped up in half a page basically, it sick because I miss everything… my heart beat, the feeling I get when I eat too much or when I’m tired. I barely feel them and when I do I cry because its all I feel.

 ***

I walked outside and watch the humans saying good-bye to their families for the day and run off to work, I sigh and walk down the narrow path slowly choosing who I want to take energy from today. I walk past a boy who looks nineteen and smelt delicious. I turned around and followed him down the street.

The nineteen-year-old boy with a super sexy body started walking down into an alleyway, I quickly used my speed to catch up to him and push him up against the wall. I opened my eyes, that have most likely turned dark blue ‘cause of his scent,’ I find myself staring into a pair of hazel eyes. I blink rapidly for thirty seconds just to make sure I’m staring into the same pair of eyes that I remember from when I was alive. 

I moved back from the guy who helped me through the bad times in high school. My back hit the bumpy, curved wall behind me. I look at him again not saying anything; he just stares at me with confusion, as if he is trying to figure what I had just done.

“You can’t be him,” I said running my hand through my hair. 

“What are you on about?” I snapped my eyes towards him in confusion doesn't he remember me we were best friend throughout high school, always stood up for me when jocks and sluts came and pushed me around like I was a piece of rubbish.

“You don't remember me, do you?” I looked at him noticing he hasn't changed one bit.

“Um, your voice sounds similar for some reason I don't know why though. Have we bumped into each other at one point?” I laughed of course he wouldn't remember his best friend.

“Don't you remember me, Hayden? During high school we were best friends, you stood up for me when the jocks and sluts came up to me and pushed me around. You sacrificed your popularity for me, the loner girl who committed suicide on her birthday,” I shook my head fighting the tears that were going to betray me and leak out.