The Devil's Angel Chapter Two

The Devil’s Angel Chapter Two

I woke up to rapid knocking at my cell door and I know exactly who it is, it’s the Devil he always does these stupid routine checks every month to make sure we are well behaved and not getting up to anything suspicious.

I groan and kick the duvet up into the air; I watched it as it gently falls onto the ground in a twisted mess. I’ll clean it up once the devil leaves. I stood up and stretched letting out the sound of little tiny cracks in my back. I walked to the door and pulled it open.

“It’s too early now… what do you want?” I said looking into the pair of hazel eyes instead of the red evil looking ones. It was the boy from yesterday. The boy who was once my best friend, but why is he here?

“Umm I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me,” a shiver of confusion was all I felt.

“Ok, um what sort of questions are you gonna be asking?” I asked cautiously not quite sure why Hayden is here at my doorstep.

“You know just general questions, I want to get to know you,” I laughed I couldn't help it no one has said that to me in years, no one ever needed me and no one ever will.

“Um I think you have the wrong girl,” I said while closing the door but of course Hayden, being the stubborn person he is, wouldn't just go that easily. He put his hand on the door to stop me from closing it.

“Please just let me in, I know who you are,” he said with pleading eyes. We’re not supposed to let anyone from the human world in otherwise we get into deep shit. I’m not quite sure why, it’s just the law really.

“I can’t. I’m sorry,” I said while using my strength to push his hand of the door. Hayden looked to be in shock as I closed it fully and walked back to bed ignoring the knocking at my door.

I walk into my room and picked up the duvet off the floor and stretched it out so it sort of looked neat. I sighed and placed myself between the cold rock and the cold duvet I closed my eyes hoping that I could get more sleep.

***

It’s been ten fucking minutes since that knocking has started I’m about to lose my shit I swear. I threw the duvet off me and ran to the door. I opened it and yelled, “What is your goddamn problem? Leave me alone!” How did Hayden find my apartment anyways? I thought no one followed me home yesterday, I thought I covered my tracks. He smirks knowing that I’m pissed; I looked him dead in the eyes waiting for him to leave. But no such luck, he pushes past me without my consent. No, no this cannot be happening. I’m in so much shit when Devil finds out.

“Wow, why is everything made out of solid rock?” he said while touching the wall near the door, I sigh and tug at my hair in annoyance.

“You need to leave I’m not allowed to have visitors, you don't understand how much trouble I’m going to be in,” I explained. Hayden shook it off like it was nothing.

“I want answers then I’ll leave,” he smiled.