Secret

Aoi started heading to her house.

It's a small-sized house, smaller than the rest in the residence. Well, perfect for a student who lives alone.

She opened up the small gate and walked to the front door. After taking out the key from her bag, she opened the door and got in her house.

"I'm back"

No one answered her.

She entered the house and closed the door up.

Aoi's POV

My name is Shirayuki Aoi.

As you can already guess, I live alone. I don't have any parents, they both died since I was a child. After that, I was taken by my uncle who later sell me off to a group of loan shark because he failed to pay for all the money that he borrowed. Surprisingly, the boss of the loan shark gladly took me in and thus I was trained to become one of them.

As I grew up, I become one of the best in my group. Not a murderer, but a delinquent. My friends and I are just a bunch of teenagers roaming around stealing and pickpocketing people's valuable things. Once it was in our hands, we disappeared from their eyes and sent it to the captain of our team. Our captain will then met the higher-ups and passed it on them. Based on the performance of our team, we will then received our pays or the so-called reward.

There were also hierarchy in our team. Of course the highest one will be our captain, then it is me and a boy who was in the same age as me, Seryuu. You could say that the tension between the two of us is like an eagle with a tiger. We never get along well. Mostly because of Seryuu's ego that made him hate me since he wanted to prove that he is the best among all of us. That's why we seemed to have two groups one lead by Seryuu and the rest by me. 

I have never touched a single school book or even went to school. We never had the chances to. We're not trained for that. On the other hand, we were taught about fighting, acting, etc. I'm good at fighting, remembering what I saw and creating some tricky movements. This movements are used to silently steal people's belonging without them noticing or knowing. This ability is needed for me to survive in this kind of system. If I'm useless to them, I will be thrown away. This is all I have.

At first, I never had the chance to learn what was right and what was wrong. I thought of my criminal friends as family, we hanged out together and do bad things together.

Until one day....

FLASHBACK

"Did you get it?", I asked one of my friends, Kamiya. He chuckled, "You mean this?". In his hand, there was a big wallet full of cash. He showed it to me proudly.

"Hey you over there!"

The two of us were a bit startled with the voice. I quickly hid Kamiya behind me and ordered him to silently walked away from the place.

A man, who was the actual owner of the wallet, ran towards me. I covered my face expression and started my acting. "Did you call for me..?"

The man furrowed his eyebrows. "Answer me honestly. Did you steal my wallet!?"

"Wallet? Excuse me mister. What are you saying? I don't think I ever happened to walk beside you,  sorry but you can't easily accused me without evidence"

He grabbed me by the collar. "Don't joke around! Return it to me!!", he vented out his anger towards me.

"It's not me!!! You've got the wrong person!", I grabbed his wrist, pulling it away from grabbing my collar. "Are you crazy?"