Chapter 1

Small groups of young hybrids were gathered together talking as they waited for the bell to ring. Tails, ears, and wings all swayed twitched and fluttered in anticipation as they were all excited to start a new school day… or rather most were just excited to goof off during class.  Students would usually come early so they could relax and hang out with their friends before they had to go to class. 

In the center of all the groups stood out one group in particular…the gang of predators who followed the every whim of a female vixen named Anzu Gardener. 

She was obviously the most popular of the group and could wrap anyone around her little paw. Her gang was no different. Mostly predators with a few prey animals. Her boyfriend, a large grizzly bear named Ushio, was not too far from where she was. If anyone even looked at her he would tear them to shreds… or at the very least send them to the emergency clinic on the school grounds. 

Today Anzu however had her eye on a particular fellow student. Her group's favorite target. "Hey girls you'll never believe what I heard. You know that little slut Yugi Motou? Well he forced poor Alex to have pity sex with him. Such a shame. The Soiled Dove strikes again." She said smugly fluffing her too-short skirt. 

The standard school girl uniform was slightly above the knee for skirt length and was supposed to properly cover the chest, however Anzu took that's the next level and made the skirt even shorter, almost showing her panties. It didn't help that her uniform shirt also almost showed her over bulging fake breasts. 

The other females which were a cheetah, a panther and a wolf all giggled to each other as a small male dove hybrid with pure white feathers walked by. He looked like a little angel with pure ivory skin and pure white feathers mixed with bits of amethyst and gold where his hair would normally be. He, like everyone else, wore the simple standard school outfit: a blue jean jacket with a white shirt, blue pants white socks and white sneakers. His most alluring feature was his small yet strong pure white wings which were folded over his back

He hated the rumors. He didn’t force Alex to have sex with him. Alex said he wanted sex because he loved him. But then Alex left the next morning and dumped him on text. 

"He thinks he can wrap any male around his little tail feathers but he can't. Did you hear he also slept with Jounouchi’s boyfriend Seto… he broke up their relationship..”

Yugi felt tears as he continued to walk. His small wings laid down against his back as he seemed to grow smaller as his feathers became tighter with his anxiety.

All he wanted was to find love but everyone takes advantage of him. Was it really too much to ask that one individual could find it in their heart to truly, genuinely love him? That’s all a dove ever wants. 

Thankfully each encounter didn't leave him permanently soiled as Anzu said. His pure light magic allowed him to have his virginity replenished... Meaning he had yet to meet his true soulmate. 

Sighing he tried to walk to class only to be smacked into and thrown to the ground. 

"Well well well, if it isn't Yugi Motou. Miss me that much?" A crow hybrid named Mark sneered as his larger body blocked the smaller's path. His uniform was slightly unkempt along with his greasy black feathers. His wings were darker and also unkept and his talons were sharp and gnarly.

Yugi flinches. “N-not really Mark..” Mark was one of Yugi’s most regrettable boyfriends. 

Unlike a lot of the others who lasted anywhere from a few days to about a week… Mark and he had been in a relationship for 2 years... The most horrendous two years of Yugi's life. He'd been abusive, controlling, and manipulative... It got so bad that Yugi's only friends, Joey Wheeler, a loyal yet fierce Labrador Retriever and Ryou Bakura, a small albino cotton tailed rabbit, had intervened and made Yugi break up with the crazy bastard. 

However… Mark didn't seem to want to take no for an answer. He continued to pursue and harass Yugi constantly and relentlessly.

“I-I have to get to class Mark.” Yugi told the crow.  "Yeah right. Everyone knows you have a free period for the first three classes of your day. Since you are so far ahead of the rest of the class…"

Just as Yugi backed up he felt himself hit a chest only to be pushed behind the familiar body of his best friend Joey.

"Ay ya stinky bird breathed bastard. He said he has class. He obviously don't like you so back the fuck off." 

The golden retriever growled his fluffy blond fur standing on edge as he bared his fangs at the bird. His tail was also puffed out in anger standing up straight up on end. 

Mark huffed as he stood tall and strutted off. "Are you ok Yugi-chan?" Ryou, Yugi's little white bunny friend with worried deep brown eyes asked as he stood timidly beside him offering his paw. His long ears were slightly drooped and his little fluffy tail was limp in nervousness. He never liked it whenever Yugi got hurt or was in danger.

Yugi sighs and nods his head. “Yeah.. Alex dumped me on text this morning. And rumors are already spreading.” Yugi whispers

Joey growled at this. "That fucking liar. He was a bad egg from the start… you deserve better than a filthy bird like that…"

Yugi sighs. “I know. I’m just lovesick. And the one I want is dating their soulmate already. I didn’t want to ruin that.” Yugi said, looking down. 

As Yugi spoke, two more bird hybrids walked by. One of them was a handsome hawk with dark red and magenta colored feathers. His head feathers were most intriguing as he had three long feathers that seemed to jut into the back of the rest of his feathers. Those were deep gold. This was Yami Senen. Yugi's secret crush. Beside him was his mate Ami, a lovely smaller hawk. She had crazy black and crimson feathers. The two were exchanging kisses, touches  and fluffing each other's feathers as they stayed close by one another, basking in the glory of their love.

Yugi smiles sadly at them and looks away. “I wish I had that happiness..” 

"I don’t know, Pipsqueak. Ever thought that your soulmate may not be part of your own species?" A rough-looking scruffy wolf asked as Ryou's ears and nose twitched happily. The wolf was slightly larger than average and he had male jackal beside him. The jackal was tall and quite frankly attractive to the point that he made Joey's tail wag.

Yugi jumps and turns around. “Kura.. you scared me. I didn’t even hear you come up.” Yugi smiles. 

Kura or Bakura shrugs as he picked Ryou up as he giggled and cuddles into his soulmate's scruffy chest. "Yes perhaps your mate is not of the same species… or at least not the same kind of bird. “

Yugi sighs. “Maybe. I just wish I knew who my soulmate was.” Joey smiled and placed a comforting paw on Yugi's shoulder being careful not to touch his wings. Only a soulmate or family member was allowed to touch the wings of a bird hybrid. "I'm sure you'll meet him or her when the time is right, Yug. Now we have to head to class… will you be ok Yug?" Joey asked as he looked at his small feathered friend.

Yugi nods. “I’ll stay in the library. Maybe there’s a good book to read.” Yugi said and let his wings take him to the library.