Chapter 8

(Final chapter warning lots of heavy lemon. Hope you enjoy.)  (Little side note. This was supposed to be the original last chapter.)

Yugi awoke later that night and sighed softly into the warmth he knew was Atemu. He didn't care if he had secrets, or if this whole being boyfriends thing was an act… he felt safe and loved in Atemu's arms… and he didn't care about anything else when he was there. 

Atemu stirred a little. "Better?" He asked as he opened his eyes and looked down with the smaller hybrid.

Yugi blushes and nods his head slowly. “Y-yes thank you. But what were y-you doing at the a-arcade?” 

"To be perfectly honest something in my instincts told me that I should go there… They just happened to lead me right to you. What happened?" He asked lightly, stroking Yugi's back.

Yugi sighs and lays his head down on Atemu’s chest. “Yami… he was there… it hurts so much knowing he was only playing me.” Yugi whispers. 

"Sadly just how life is Little One. The world is cruel to everyone... All anyone can do is try to aid each other when life tries to drag you into the ground." Atemu said as his hand cupped Yugi's cheek. His words were both harsh yet full of wisdom... It was oddly comforting.

Yugi slowly looks up at Atemu and sighs. “I know. I just feel everyone deserves a chance.” He said softly. 

"There's a difference between giving someone a chance, even a second chance… and then someone royally screwing up to the point where they don't deserve any chance. You're still young so you still have a lot of learning to do." 

Yugi frowns. “You’re making sound like I’m stupid..” he said and looked away. 

"Not stupid Yugi. You're simply too kind for your own good. You see the light in everything. There's nothing wrong with that, it can just be dangerous given that people try to take advantage of such people who are such positive and optimistic individuals. I'm just saying you need to be more careful." 

Atemu's thumb gently brushed Yugi's lower lip. "Especially since I'm not always going to be here to catch you." Atemu sighed as he pulled back only to have Yugi grab the edge of his shirt.

“I thought you didn’t care what happened to me? Just the plan.” Yugi said. 

Atemu didn't respond at first. "It seems I was mistaken. I do care. I just can't let it show. That's part of being a raven. We are to be emotionless without allowing ourselves to fall in love because we know it just will lead to misery in the end." Atemu said in a pained voice. 

His brain was screaming at him to leave the room, to forget this encounter had ever happened, to just continue on with the plan….

“Atemu.” Yugi said, placing his hand on Atemu’s cheek. “It’s okay to be yourself around me. I promise I won’t judge. Like you don’t judge me.” Yugi whispers. “I won’t ever hurt you.” 

"I-I don't know how to be myself around others… I don't know how to let my guard down. Not for very long. Sometimes I don't even know who I am."  

Atemu's wings drooped as he looked down at his hands. 

“Let me help you. Like you helped me.” Yugi said, stroking Atemu’s wing base on his back. “I want to help.” 

Atemu slowly looked up at Yugi. "How?" He asked his voice so soft that it was barely audible. Slowly the mask began to fall away revealing a very scared yet strong willed male who is doing his best to fight the odds of society..of the world.

Yugi smiles. “I don’t know yet. But I promise I’ll be here every step of the way. First, let’s get to know each other fully and not just by made up facts about our hybrids.”