Eruption 8 - Sage vs Maiden

3rd Person Pov

Onyx was silent as he had changed into his battlesuit, once he was done he strapped his sword to the side of his body then made his way out. On his way out to the arena he noticed Mei seemed to be in his way.

Mei: "Can't you talk this out with her rather than this?"

Onyx: "Hell no, but I'm wondering how she would've known how important that was to me seeing as only one other person knew."

Mei: "Are you insunuating I told her?"

Onyx: "Strange how a few days after I tell you something like this happens."

Mei: "I..."

Mei was silent as she had to admit it did look sus, a look of discomfort and upset toppled her expression.

Onyx: "Whatever, move."

The purple haired girl sighed before begrudgingly moved out of his way so he could make it. Word had spread rather quickly about the duel between the two so many of the other students came to watch, curious as he hadn't dueled with other students. If so then he'd refuse them on the pretense on not wanting to harm comrades even in a simple duel, he had a somewhat chivalrous spirit. When word of the duel got around many were curious at the cause but most of the student body acknowledged that Kiana Kaslana was far from an easy match up for a newbie.

Talking in the stands had occurred with some girls wondering if something happened between the two, others were taking bets and some just wanted to see heads get blown. Kiana had stepped out from her side to the center catching everyone's attention, half a minute later Onyx walked out from his area. It was safe to assume the only boy of the school was livid due to his already stern expression tightening at the sight of the Kaslana girl, seemingly ready to attack her right then and there. Himeko was acting as ref due to being asked to by Mei with her and Bronya explaining why this was happening.

 Himeko was acting as ref due to being asked to by Mei with her and Bronya explaining why this was happening

Kiana: "You alright there? Seems something has gone under your skin Onyx-kun."

On sight Onyx had drawn his sword from it's sheath and got into a basic stance wordlessly prompting Kiana to flick the safety lock off on her guns and pointed them at the boy before her. Himeko looked between the two before sighing and raised her arm then brought it down.

Himeko: "The duel between Kiana Kaslana and Onyx Scale will now begin!"

As soon as the words were said Kiana wasted no time in firing as Onyx began to immediately charge at her while deflecting the shots or dodged them by predicting their trajectory. Onyx then sent two slashes at the white haired gunslinger who dodged them effortlessly while back away to keep her reach advantage.

Onyx: "Hah!"

The teen sent three blasts of honkai thorns at her, the Kaslana flipped to her right to avoid the first three. Seeing this Onyx charged some energy into Apophis resulting in the blade glowing red, with a yell he launched the flying slash attack at her.