Epilogue

Over the span of the many years since Sam's 'yes' things had changed drastically in their world. Lucifer's reign was a bloody one. One that Gabriella was aware she was responsible for. If she had made a single different choice, things may have gone differently. Gabriella was willing to admit her own faults. The first being that she was in love with her brother, the last being that she had been in love with Samantha Winchester.

That was the difficult part of the entire ordeal, admitting that key statement. Had been.

The problem now was simple, the Sam she knew, the one she had fallen for. The strong and loving hunter. She was long gone. Though she was loathe to admit it, both her and Lucifer had destroyed that woman. It had begun the day she had stumbled into Samantha Winchester, and it had ended the moment Sam drove Lucifer's blade into her sister's chest.

That was the moment it all changed. Gabriella was well aware that Sam's feelings stood strong, that Lucifer's split feelings were vibrant and pure. They weren't the problem.

She was.

Gabriella wanted her Sam back. The Hunter that fought through hundreds of Tuesdays to save her sister, the Hunter that fixed her mistakes, not the woman that surrendered to Lucifer's plan to destroy humanity. A woman that committed a mass genocide of all the monsters on Earth. The new Sam was weak, and she was broken. The Sam Lucifer possessed was a fraction of who Gabriella met. Worst of all? All of that fell back on her, on Mystery Spot. That single incident had psychologically scarred Samantha Winchester beyond repair. An action that there was no coming back from.

Not that it mattered anymore, if it had before. Too much time had passed with Sam and Lucifer as one. There was no going back from this. Sam was... lost, and Lucifer had his wish.

"Not how you expected things to happen, is it?" Gabriella spun around, staring in awe at the sight of her Mother before realizing what she was doing and dropping to her knees, bowing her head.

"Mother, please-" Why was she begging? God had abandoned them and-

"I am not your Mother." The woman interrupted and Gabriella's breath caught.

"Life." If Life was here, it meant nothing good for anyone involved. Life was a passive entity, a creature that only involved herself when matching two creatures as lifemates, and they had destroyed a large portion of the life in their reality. Not just on Earth but on some of the planets in the other galaxies lining the infinitely large universe. Other planets that ultimately, their dear loving arrogant Mother, had abandoned as well.

"Not human, but not animal." As Lucifer had put it.

"Better." The deity responded, crossing her arms over her chest. "Are you proud of yourself, Gabriella?"

Gabriella licked her lips and rose to her feet, spreading her wings behind her. "Yes."

"Yet, you regret it."

"No." Gabriella lied pointlessly. "I don't regret all of it."

"I'm not in the mood for games, Gabriella. You and your brother single handedly destroyed a massive portion of your reality's Spirits. Not just the humans but the monsters too."

"I didn't see you stepping in to stop us." Not a single one of the Primordial beings had tried to stop them. Well, Death had been bound until after Michelle died but... that wasn't the point. Death was released after Michelle and that was done. He had left.

"If we stepped in to fix every measly problem you and your family caused you would never learn from your mistakes." Life's response was condescending and bitter. Really, she should have stopped but she couldn't make herself hear this from the deity. Not after everything that had happened, all of what she had given up.