Of Mice and Women

Pinky and The Brain were in their cage in the laboratory. Lakko Warner stared into the cage with a stare into forever. The two white mice continued on with their lives, trying to ignore the massive child watching them. A scientist walked into the room, the man in the white lab coat paused. The scientist went over to the little girl, trying to talk to her, "Ummm, can you get away from the mice?" The toon child didn't move, just staring into the cage. The adult man went to touch her shoulder and spoke up, "You aren't supposed to be here." When his hand was an inch from her shoulder, a gloved hand grabbed his hand. The claws popped out of the gloves.

She turned to him, whispering something very loudly but it couldn't be understood. Except that man could understand it, he backed away in fear. He screamed, "It's one of the Warner Siblings! Security!" Before dashing off. Then she just went back to staring blankly into the cage. Pinky asked, "Err... Brain, I thought you said she'd help us." The Brain whispered yelled, "Quiet Pinky! She's waiting until tonight." There was a second of heavy silence. Then Pinky questioned, "Why? What's going to happen tonight, Brain?" Brain walked over to the opposite side of the cage from Lakko. He looked out.

Finally he spoke up, "The same thing that happens every night. We try to take over the world!" The final lights of day died. Night taking over in it's place. The security guard stepped into the room, followed by the scientist. The guard explained, "I'm sorry, but my shift is over. I can't do jack about that thing." The science man hid behind the security man, whimpering slightly, "Please, it's in here. I think it's going to hurt me." The blue suited man vaugly gazed over to her. Lakko Warner was just sitting there, looking at the mice. He told, "Your shift is over too. I suggest you leave."

So both the human people exited the building to return to their lives outside of work. The very second they did, Lakko spoke up, "Mr. Brain, can you teach me math?" Immediately, the smart mouse face palmed and grumbled to himself, "Please dear God don't let this be another Elmyra Duff." The dumb mouse went over to her and agreed to help.

The Brain requested, "Now, Lakko. I know you are more reasonable among your siblings so, I'll help you if you help me first." Lakko Warner gave it a moment of thought then smashed the cage. Somehow the wire of the cage was ripped open. She assured, "You were trapped like I used to be. Now I'm going to save you." Brain put his hands in front of himself and shouted, "Stop, that's not what I!" But he couldn't finish as she gently scooped up the two laboratory mice and put each in her overall pockets before running off into the night.

In the distance, singing played. It went, "They are Pinky. Pinky, Lakko, and The Brain Brain Brain Brain"

Thus we are only beginning...