♡♡♡ hyacinth: remix one (debut mini album)

INTRODUCING...
[𝓱𝔂𝓪𝓬𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓱]

[ hyacinth: remix one ]

[ overview ]

hyacinth: remix one is the debut mini album of hyacinth, a solo artist under gala.xce entertainment. the album was released on march 31, 2019 and has a total of 5 tracks. the title track of this album is "eight" and the most promoted side track is "wind flower."

album: hyacinth: remix
release date: march 31, 2019
label: gala.xce entertainment
title track: eight
genre: kpop, pop
duration: 17:10

[ tracklist ]

1. eight || 2:48 (iu)
2. wind flower || 3:47 (mamamoo)
3. lovers in the night || 3:31 (seori)
4. tattoo || 3:33 (alexa)
5. don't know what to do || 3:22 (blackpink)

[ behind the album ]

 this mini album consists of five of the many songs hyacinth wrote during her time as a trainee and before. many of these songs have been re-written and edited to perfection during hyacinth's first year with gala.xce. the only track that remains completely untouched is "lovers in the night."

1. eight
"eight" serves as the title track for hyacinth's debut album. this was among one of the first songs hyacinth ever wrote, following the death of her mother. she reveals that she found songwriting as a way to cope with her feelings. the shape of the number 8 is similar to that of an infinity sign and therefore represents her and her mother's relationship and memories - infinite. 

2. wind flower
this song is one of hyacinth's newer tracks. she wrote it during her time as a fantagio trainee after watching an undisclosed hollywood movie. while "wind flower" holds no emotional significance to her, unlike many of her other songs, hyacinth claims this piece is a favorite of hers. 

3. lovers in the night
hyacinth very briefly mentioned that this song has to relate to her first supposed "lover" in high school. she says that it's a peice that hits very close to home and it took her a lot of courage to decide to put it into the album instead of using another song. 

4. tattoo 
dating back to her pre-trainee days, hyacinth wrote and performed this song at the festival in which she was scouted my MASEFIELD. ever since, tattoo has been among one of the most important songs to her, serving as not just a song that got her first involved in the industry, but also a lucky charm. 

5. don't know what to do
back in her days as a MASEFIELD artist in myveryown, hyacinth and other members sometimes participated in production of their album. hyacinth had written this song and originally was going to put it into their third album. however, the group disbanded before their second comeback and thus she had to take the song with her following her departure from MASEFIELD. 

[ physical album ]

the physical album contains:
- CD
- photo book
- lyric book
- one poster
- two photo cards
+ preserved mini hyacinth plant (first 100 orders)