2. Nolan

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.
NOLAN

WHAT JUST HAPPENED? The more I think about that person, the more my head throbs painfully. Is that person a real thief? But what baffles me the most is why she continues to call for Princess Annalyn while tossing pebbles at her bedroom window.

"Patawad Prince Nolan," the guards said when they came back. "pero hindi po namin nahanap 'yong magnanakaw."

I sighed, nodding at them. "Don't mention about this to the King and Queen."

"Masusunod po." sagot nila bago sila umalis para mag-bantay ulit sa royal castle.

I couldn't see that person's face clearly, so I'm not sure whether I've seen that person before or not. Or if she's Princess Annalyn's friend, but I doubt it... Because why would she visit the princess in the middle of the night and throw pebbles at her window desperately?

And if it weren't for the flowery misty scent I smelt emanating from that person and how tiny her wrist was when I grabbed her, I would have assumed she was a man because of how fast she runs and the way she moves. She's wearing a mask and her hoodie covers much of her head and face, making it difficult to identify her.

As I make my way back to my bedroom for the night, I ponder whether I should question Princess Annalyn about this incident. Being born as a curious person is not a good thing since I know I won't be able to sleep well tonight.

I wanted to ask Princess Annalyn, but I hadn't seen her today at all, hence my stay at Royal Castle. King Phelan had said that Princess Annalyn had been running errands all day but would undoubtedly be there for tomorrow's royal engagement celebration, so I didn't ask anymore question about her whereabouts.

"How come you're still fully awake, Prince Nolan?" Queen Guinevere, the Queen of Alcadia, asked when I saw her in the hallway on my way back to my room. Her eyes narrowed at me suspiciously. I didn't expect to see her at this time of the night, as I assumed they went to bed early after our dinner not too long ago.

I gracefully gave my curtsy to the queen, bowing my head as a sign of respect, before meeting her gaze with a smile. "I merely walked outdoors for some fresh air, Queen Guinevere."

"Ohh," she said, nonchalantly nodding her head.

"I'm sorry if seeing me wandering about the castle freely bothers you,"

"Oh no! It's all right." She smiled at me, but I could still feel the intensity of her gaze on me. I couldn't tell what she was thinking since the queen usually has a pleasant smile plastered on her face. She's kind to me, but I'm not sure... something has been bothering me since my family introduced me to the Queen and King of Alcadia. To Princess Annalyn. My fiance. My soon-to-be wife. The chosen princess for my marriage.

"Goodnight, Queen Guinevere." I bid my goodbye.

"Sleep well, Prince Nolan Edmund. You still have a party to attend tomorrow." Binigyan niya ako nang tipid pero makahulugang ngiti bago ako dumiretso pabalik sa kwarto.