40 Elemental Magic

When I was heading towards 1-A classroom after eating from the cafeteria, I bumped into Percival – not literally, at least. When he saw me, he immediately showed an 'almost' flawless smile. He smiled too fast that I almost thought it's already his automatic reaction when seeing someone. I nodded in return, and when I tried to walk past him with a quick pace, Percival keep up with me and I chose to slow down.

I guess it's fair to walk together considering that we're classmates and groupmates...

"Are you excited for today's class?" He suddenly asked, and thinking about today's Elemental Magic lesson, I nodded.

"I guess I am." I simply said.

"I've actually heard some talks about it but..." As if hesitating, Percival's voice faltered, "Does lady Aksia really have Dark Magic?" If I'm like any other person, perhaps I would also be fooled into thinking that he's simply asking out of pure curiosity without having any other intentions. With the way he said that, it also seems like he's just some innocent and ignorant man.

But being a liar myself have its benefits, and I'm sure au clearly heard the fact that the hesitance in Percival's voice earlier is fake.

This person... seems to be both unconsciously and intentionally provoking people since earlier. I'm not uninformed of the fact that there's a lot of rumors circulating in the Kingdom regarding me – one of them being what my Elemental Magic is. I've also already known about these rumors in advance since in the game, this is also the case.

Aksia Euridice in the game is an existence that somehow has a 50/50 reputation. 50% good, and 50% bad. A few of the nobles who know the truth of her situation in the Euridice Dukedom of course belongs to the latter, including those who hate or dislike her because of envy, unreasonable hate, Dark Magic, and more.

The other 50% then admire her for being the eldest daughter of the Euridice Duchy, admiring her wealth and power while being unaware of what's actually happening behind that fake image, facade, and game of pretend.

When the rumors about Aksia's Elemental Magic start spreading, it caused quite an uproar for a while, the story of the former Duke of Euridice with Dark Magic also become quite the talk of people again.

In general, Dark Magic is seen as a curse. Basically, it's not that fully accepted in society. Although some people really recognize and admit that it is powerful, that also only gives the majority more reason to be afraid of it.

So Percival mentioning it like this so casually... means that he's testing or provoking me.

Looking at Percival's innocent-looking face, my expression remained cold, "You'll eventually know later." I calmly said.

Seeing the door classroom 1-A ahead, I quicken my pace, walking past Percival, straight inside the classroom then into my seat beside Anastasia that's already there, sitting in silence as she read a book as usual. Deor and Franco are also already seated, but there was no problem in getting into my seat since there's enough space.

When I was about to take a sit on the empty space, Anastasia unexpectedly looked up, meeting my eyes before nodding.

I manage to return a stiff nod before sitting down. Then, when I felt someone sat next to me, I turned my head to look.

"Good day, lady Aksia." Anakin gave me a toothy grin. I blinked before nodding and facing in front again. I guess... he's okay now. Seeing as how he's acting like nothing happened earlier. Well, it's not that unexpected to see him back considering that this Elemental Magic class is one of the important parts of A Magical Romance chapter 3.

If chapter 2 is mostly focused on Anastasia meeting Deor... chapter 3 is focused on Anastasia showing her Light Magic in front of everyone during Elemental Magic class when the Teacher started teaching each of the students a basic Magic they can do with their elements.