Untitled Part 1

"Mam, the agenda for the day is to cover sexual abuse", said the personal assistant (PA) of the State Goddess. "If we cover all the cases today, there won't be escalations to the National Team".

Then they headed to western Uttar Pradesh. It was Jyoti's case.

"What is this case about?" asked the PA.

"This is the case about Jyoti. She is 6 years old now. Poor child! She is being sexually assaulted by her private tutor. The problem is that she is afraid to reveal it to her elders. The tutor seems so trustworthy to them", said the Goddess.

"What are you going to do now"? asked the PA.

"What else, I will give her the courage to speak out", said the Goddess.

The Goddess then sprinkled the powder of courage on her and left for the next case.

Meanwhile, Jyoti revealed the true colours of her tutor and justice was served.

Then, they headed to Varanasi to solve the case of Ahmed's daughter. Ahmed's 12-year old daughter was gang-raped by three men. When their family made the case public, their community ostracized them and shunned the child. Though the child received counselling, there is no government service for their support.

"What do you think about this?" asked the Goddess to the PA.

"This is saddening. Their community needs a complete makeover. They need awareness sessions on these topics", said the PA.

"That's true. But State Goddessess do not have powers to make changes to any community as a whole. I will forward the case to the National and International teams. Meanwhile, I will shift the family to a big city", said the Goddess.

Then they set out to solve Nikhil's case. Nikhil was abused by a European when he gave him a massage. Again, the abuser is prominent in his community for his helping tendency to make people financially independent and get education. Nikhil did file a complaint. But, after the trail, the European was granted bail and has gone incognito. Nikhil still continues to receive threats from his community and is criticized by his community.

"Are you going to shift him to another place too?" asked the PA.

"No. This case is different. I think Nikhil can come out of his trauma when he is free of threat from his village people. Some people from the local NGO are visiting his village next week for a campaign. I will make sure that a small video footage of his atrocities are shown to the people through them", said the Goddess.

They then moved to Chikkaballapur district in Karnataka. This is the case about a headmaster who molested his pupils. When a complaint was filed, it was found that there was no evidence against him and he got cleared of charges. This clearly shows that the education officials have covered up the incident.

"There is nothing that can be done here I guess", said the PA.

"Let me see. Lack of evidence is the only issue here", said the Goddess. "I will setup two or more staffs and supporting staffs to witness the atrocities and make them serve as witnesses for the case. I think that would wrap up the issue."

As they began on the next case, the PA asked, "Is there no end to all of this? I mean, there are so many commissions to address and prevent these issues and still we are solving them".

"That is none of our business", said the Goddess. "Our only goal is to meet deadlines and avoid escalations. Next week, we have to cover some cases on environment and politics. Please focus your attention on that".

Reality hits hard indeed!