Chapter-1 Elaine and Sneha

Opening her eyes again, she saw the same ceiling that she kept seeing every time. It didn't make sense.

An unfamiliar place.

No...

An unfamiliar world.

Her face showed many emotions before she took a deep breath to calm herself. She slowly got up from the uncomfortable floor as she once again took in her surroundings.

'I need to stay calm.'

She repeated this in her head over and over again until her hand turned the doorknob. The door made a creaking noise as she moved to where she thoug-

No, she knew where the mirror was.

The mirror didn't show her own face.

It showed a young girl probably in her late teens. Her face was quite beautiful. She had long black hair and grey-blue eyes. Her skin tone was a light tanned color. She looked as fragile as a flower.

'Who-

No, that isn't the right question. I already know who this is. I know everything about her.'

The girl's memories seemed to be implanted in her head.

She pursed her lips as she thought of what exactly had happened to her. This was something that she never thought would ever happen to her.

Reincarnation.

It all seemed like something out of a fantasy book.

'Then again, I am in a fantasy novel.'

Sneha, that was her name in her previous life. She was a dark skinned Indian woman who had a normal job. Well, mostly normal job. She worked as a police officer in a high tech area. She wasn't a righteous woman. She just did whatever she was ordered.

At that time, she had killed 5 people.

After a while, she quit and joined the Monster hunting army of the NPA. Her story there was nothing special as well. She had no hobbies and in her starting 30s, she was scrolling through social media on her new smart phone like a teenager.

[Shewasagovernmentsanctionedkiller.]

Now, she was suddenly an eighteen year old girl who was living in a fantasy novel with her 2 abilities. If she still had them.

'If this is all real... Then the God of Death must've done something, just like with those people. But... Why? Everything works out in the end so-

I guess there's no point in thinking about it. For now, I need to assess my situation.'

She once again took a deep breath and slowly started to recollect all of the information that she had found over the few days she had stayed in the body she was in.

Elaine Bryson Alpin, the only child of a dead count and countess. She owned a villa, a mansion and 3 houses, which are placed so that if any one of their family members needs to go into hiding they can use those. There was one other villa she should have owned but was forcefully taken by her aunt.

'Well, it's not like I care about that. That villa was useless to me anyways.'

Elaine was quite rich but she usually stayed quietly in her mansion with a few servants. She didn't own any of the businesses her parents had because she wasn't qualified to handle such a large business. So she was surviving on her parents leftover money at the moment.

'Should I start looking for a place to earn some money? I think I could design a few gowns or dresses that would be a hit in this day and age but as far as I know Cale has just turned 17 this year. So I'll have only about an year and a half, at most, to earn money from normal means.