Chapter-2 Cleaning up

Elaine walked towards the same old library as she had done yesterday. This time though, she had her cousin and his close friend with her.

"If you are planning to research all of this then you can borrow the key. This is also the only key made for the library."

Elaine didn't ask why he needed all of this. She didn't ask any questions and just told him whatever was necessary.

'I don't need to ask useless things.'

She could see both of them being quite grateful to her for all of this and Elaine just smiled at them at that. She hated seeing those smiles and faces. It made her feel as though she was not the terrible person that she truly was.

She left the two of them alone soon after.

Taking in a deep breath, she activated her second ability.

She heard two of the elementals from last night gossip around her. She faintly saw their forms as well.

"I want your help with something."

Of course, just ask us anything!

Yes yes!!!

She smiled at their responses. These elementals were quite co-operative. They were much better than the black ones from her world.

"I'm sure you hear a lot of information that can be sold for a good price, right?"

The elementals seemed to have gotten what she meant and gave a positive response to her question. They seemed much more excited at helping than she thought. She would have to treat them nicely for their help.

"I see, well that is quite a lot of information. Thank you for your help."

There's no need to thank us!

That's right! That's right!

She could see them both faintly nodding, what seemed like their heads.

She's an angel! An angel I tell you!!!

'What-'

She decided to ignore the rest of their conversation and headed in to get on with her disguise. It was the same as before, except this time, she looked like a common middle aged lady instead of one from a noble family. She also had a hood on.

Moving towards one of the pubs, she noticed the man she had been looking for.

That's him!

He was the guy who needed that piece of information we told you!!!

Elaine sat next to him and quietly observed him.

"How is your mother?"

The words that came out of her mouth made him freeze.

"What do you want?"

He shakily asked this question and didn't dare to meet her eyes. Elaine didn't care much about his reaction and continued what she needed to say.

"I can give you what you need."

"The price?"

Elaine smirked at that question. This man knew that nothing came for free.

"1000."

The man clicked his tongue at that.

"900"

That was how much he had on him right now. He could get a lot more but he didn't know just how much trustworthy this information was.