Chapter-5 The little black dragon

Warning: Mentions and depictions of death and violence. Read at your own risk.

"Find more about Cale Henituse."

That trash?

Why?

*GASP* Are you interested in him?

"No, far from it. Two of you will come with me."

She hurriedly dressed herself in one of her more simpler dresses and called for Bob to inform him of her trip to the Stan's territory.

"I will let you know of the route we will be taking. Do not bring more than 5 people."

"Understood, Miss."

Bob did not even flinch at her demands and she smirked slightly at him being already used to her personality and being left in the dark. She would have to reward him for his continued support sometime.

Finding out which village Raon, or the nameless black dragon as he was at the moment, was not difficult.

Somewhere Venion could go to easily and hurriedly, and if you moved from the Henituse territory then you would have to cross that village to get to the capital, but was also isolated enough that nobody important would pass through it many times.

She wondered idly if Cale had also somehow figured out which village it was through this method of thinking before shrugging it off.

"The carriage and the guards are ready, miss."

She nodded and moved out of the study room to begin the journey that the whole world was riding on, albeit unknowingly. The black dragon was an important key to how Cale Henituse saved himself and the world many times.

She was not letting him die. This world was ruined if everything went in accordance to the White Star's plans.

Passing the map with the route marked to the knights, she ignored the arguments against the route and simply told them to move or get fired. They wisely shut their mouths at the threat.

Some time passed and she felt her anxiousness return. If the dragon died then-

"Miss, let us rest here for today."

"Absolutely not."

The guard frowned and sighed as though he was dealing with a child. She felt herself feel amused at the audacity.

"The horses-"

"These are the finest of horses in the Roan kingdom, they can run for another few hours."

"Perhaps so but we are also tired, miss. We have been riding on these horses for a day with only bits of rest now and then."

"Am I supposed to look after you then? You have gotten enough rest to keep going throughout the day, so keep moving. I am your master, not your caretaker. If you cannot do this job then scram. I have no need for guards as useless as yourself."

She could tell he was not one to back down and prepared herself to make him run off before another one of the guards hit the man with his foot. She was being a bit of a brat, she knew, but she needed the dragon.

"Apologies miss. We will keep going."

She nodded and closed the blinds of her carriage.

"Here. Tell the inn owner to take care of these horses as well."

She passed the guard some gold coins and ignored the small shout of thank you from the man. She needed those horses to be in top condition for tomorrow as well. She would be running them straight to the Stan's household after all.