The Wishing Machine

~10 Years Later~

The sun was just setting in Flipside, Blumiere walking home after a long day of work.

Bankrupt! The company he worked at had gone bankrupt! How was he going to tell Timpani?

Blumiere sighed and shook his head, hanging his jacket and top hat, heading up to the roof, smiling at the sight of his wife and two daughters playing together.

"You'll never catch me~!" Timpani laughed, the two daughters, August and Martha, chasing her.

"Ah-HA!! A bow and arrow!" August, a girl with orange-red skin and red eyes, and crimson hair smirked and pretended to pick up a bow and pull back the string. "Firing on your command, Madam Sparkle Doodles!"

Martha, a smaller child with blue skin and hair, along with dark blue hair, giggled. "FIRE, AUGGIE!" August let go of the pretend string, causing Timpani to clutch her chest. "NOOOOOO! YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF MEEEEEeee..." Timpani laughed again, and stood up, dusting off her dress, turning to greet her smiling husband.

"You're home early," She noted, kissing his cheek. "Did something happen?" Blumiere sighed and handed her a slip of paper. She looked up and frowned. "Bankrupt? As in...?"

"No work until further notice," he sighed but then put on a smile. "However..." He rushed over to August and Martha and scooped them into a hug. "Hello, girls!"

Both of the small children squealed. "Dad! You're home!!"

Blumiere laughed as the duo wiggled in his strong grip. When the tall man finally let them go, both of the girls started jumping up and down. "Do you know who's birthday it is?!" Martha squealed. Blumiere decided to play along, tapping his chin, as if in thought. "Hmmm... is it Simmer's birthday?"

Simmer was Martha's small plush that she carried around everywhere, no matter the time, place, or event, Simmer was always at Martha's side.

The small girl giggled in response. "Daddy! You know it's my birthday!" She chirped, holding her plush close to her chest. Blumiere laughed in response. "Alright, alright. You got me." He motioned for the sisters to sit, opening a briefcase.

"Alright, well, not long ago, there was a famous inventor, Professor E. Gadd. In fact, he's still around today, believe it or not. Anyway, while I was working at my job today, one of his uncovered blueprints fell onto my desk. I examined it as carefully as I could, trying to memorize the elaborate design before-"

"Just get to the point already!" August interrupted, pure joy and excitement in her eyes. Blumiere laughed in response. "Alright, alright."

After a little while, he pulled out what looked like some strange, poorly made, lamp, or perhaps it was a nightlight. It was difficult to tell.

Even so, both girls "Ooh"ed and "Aah"ed at the peculiar contraption in wonder, waiting for an explanation of the device from their father.

"This is what is called a Wishing Machine. You tell it your wishes, and it holds onto them until they come true. Even if you forget your wish, the Wishing Machine will forever remember."

"Really? From a bazillion years from now? Sweet!" August jumped up and down in excitement. "Try it, Martha! Make a wish!"

Martha nodded and stepped forward to the small contraption. "I wish.... to marry Grambi!" Both girls erupted into fits of giggles, August stepping up to the machine, knowing it was her turn. She became very serious, bending down to the small lamp."I wish... for a skateboard. That way, I can ride it to school and show all the boys that I'm just as good as they are, not just some prissy princess like all the other girls."

Blumiere and Timpani side-glanced each other with the same question. How in Grambi's name would they be able to afford something like that?  "That's... that's a nice wish, too, August," Timpani murmured with a weak smile. 

The small orange child smiled at the praise of her wish. Timpani bent down to make a wish of her own. 

"I wish to have happiness like this forever. Happiness with all of you, as a wonderful and peaceful family full of love."