Remembering

I remember one day, in 2nd grade, this girl named Juliet decided she liked my purple pen. This was my favourite pen and I used it whenever I could. Juliet, without warning, snatched the pen from my hand, pushed me to the ground and began to use it.
"Uh excuse me? That's my pen. Can I have it back please?" I asked, standing up and brushing the dust off my plaid blue dress. Juliet laughed a shrill laugh and said, "No way. This is my pen now." I walked away crying. I could remember Cameron dropping what he was doing as soon as he saw me crying. I guess he had seen what went on with Juliet and thought I would handle it by myself. He charged at Juliet and yelled at her until she marched over and gave the pen back angrily. Cameron later lectured me on how I shouldn't just give up if someone does something like that and I can't just let people walk all over me like that. After this lecture he gave me a big hug.
Another time in 2nd grade, this girl named Ivory was having a birthday party and she brought red velvet cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Somehow I ended up with cake and frosting all over my mouth, that was when Cameron started calling me Cake.
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○△§△○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
I heard a knock on my door. I lazily slumped over to the door and opened it.
"Delilah! So glad you're here!" rambled my crazy friend Beatrice. Beatrice was the only one who could call me by my real name. She was a struggling artist who I've met through Facebook two years ago. She held her curly red hair up in a high ponytail with her gray paint-stained smock and black leggings. She was wearing a brown t-shirt underneath and smiled with a crazed look in her eyes. She shuffled into my apartment and began picking up my clothes off my floor and putting them in a laundry basket.
"Come on in why don't you." I muttered, chuckling a little. "What are you doing?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.
"Oh you know I clean when I get excited," she said, beginning to fold my blankets and sheets.
"Ah." I sighed. "What happened now?" She stopped and turned to me.
"Shae DeLouvár said she saw my work, and she wants to by it for her collection!" She cried, panting with every breath. Shae DeLouvár was a huge art collector, I knew. She was practically all Beatrice talked about.
"That's great Bea!" I cried, giving her a huge hug. She grinned proudly. "What piece?" I asked, letting go of her. Beatrice big her lip. She always hit her lip when she was nervous. "Bea... what's wrong?" I asked skeptically.
"She didn't say what piece, but she's coming over to get it this Wednesday." She pursed her lips. It was Monday, only two days till Wednesday. "And I wanted to ask you a favor." She looked up at me, her green eyes shining in the morning sunlight.
"Anything." I said, giving a small smile.
"Can you help me get ready? I'll need a new outfit and makeup, and I'll need someone to do my hair - I mean this is Shae DeLouvár." She pleaded.
"I know!" I cried. "Of course I'll help!"
"Okay well I gotta go clean my house, stop by whenever you want." She skipped out the door merrily.
I should tell Cameron... I thought. Later, I decided. I collapsed on my bed with a magazine to start looking for some new clothes for Beatrice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N Hey guys! Hope you liked the first chapter, I was just introducing a few characters in this short chapter so sorry if it wasn't long enough. Please go thank xCookie-Monsterx and AngelxFire for inspiring me to write this story! Please comment what you think of Delilah and/or Beatrice! Hoping to get at least 3 votes to continue the story. If not I might quit it if you don't like it. Love always,
Angel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
☆VOTE☆
○COMMENT○
√FAN√