6 | high isabella

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏ six | high isabella ▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏
six | high isabella
▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

"NOW I know that you feel comfortable enough in your van, but I would like to at least ask that you use the attic that we had organized as a bedroom," Charlie tells the Armani girl once they had reached the Swan residence after filling out some paperwork at the police station. They didn't make much of a dent into the work that would need to go through with the social worker, but they can worry about that at a later date for now. It was the next day after they found her foster parents, and Adrienne had slept in her van in the driveway of the white two story home. Adrienne didn't wish to become a burden on the Swan household, well more than she was already becoming anyway. But Charlie didn't want the girl to be sleeping outside considering all of the animal attacks that had been occurring, so he went out and bought a few things for the Armani girl and her new room. "I don't want you sleeping outside until we catch the animal that is causing all of this damage."

"Well, how can I say no to that sweet face, Charles," it was like she could physically see the awkwardness begin to seep from the embarrassed man's pores. It was quite amusing.  Patting his cheek in a farewell, Adrienne takes the straps of her bags and tosses them into the upstairs attic where an old dresser and a twin sized bed were placed. It was nothing extravagant, but the sentiment was what caught Adrienne by surprise.

Carrying her luggage into the house was no struggle considering she only had two bags worth of belongings. Then to spare the older man some mercy she decided to leave her bong and bottle of tequila she snuck from her foster parents' house in its rightful places in her van. Didn't want him to go back on his word about taking her in by seeming to be a bad influence on his daughter. If only he knew that his sweet and precious daughter is rebuilding two wheeled death traps with the Black boy.

"Um, Bella said your favorite color was orange, so I just grabbed the one that they had at the store," Charlie motioned towards the twin bed that had a strange orange pattern comforter draped over it. But it was still a sweet gesture that Adrienne was grateful for. It was the first time in a long time that anyone took initiative to do something like this for her. To help her feel welcomed.

"It's perfect," Adrienne continues to look around and it still has not hit her that this is her own room. This would be her first bedroom that she did not have to share with anyone else in a long time. Her last foster parents offered a space for the girl, but it was so small it could have been a walk in closest. It wasn't like that house had any extra space anyway which was another reason why she slept in her van.

She may not be showing it or understanding it, but this is probably the happiest she has been in a long time despite the circumstances that occurred to make this happen.

"Well, um, I'll let you get settled," pointing around towards the empty space which is all that he could offer at the moment. He wishes that he could do more for the girl. With an awkward nod of his head, he began to make his way out of the room to let her be.