8 | carrot-top

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏ eight | carrot-top▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏
eight | carrot-top
▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

Adrienne wasn't sure if it was fate that brought the girl back to the house with chipped yellow paint along the hedges. Back to the house that held memories of the two teenagers that spent a year together in friendship and family. She knew that Leah pushed her away after her relationship ended with Sam, but Adrienne knew better than anybody how it felt to lose a parent. The Armani girl knew that Leah Clearwater would need a friend after the death of her father.

If only the whispers in her head could have given her a warning. Any warning for the events that transpired in the last few days. She could have done something. Could have done something that could have changed the fate of the Clearwater family.

Or even the fate of her own.

Adrienne let the last week wash over her as the smoke from her joint washes through her lungs. Victoria was still on the loose with the wolves hunting her with Charlie and the police force hunting the pack. Bella was no longer in Forks, Washington and instead on her way to Italy to save her self-righteous boyfriend from killing himself. Leah Clearwater has now pushed her out of her life after the death of her father for good it now seems. Leah has now pushed the Armani girl far enough away to where even Adrienne herself wasn't sure if it was worth it to take that journey to befriend Leah once more. She wasn't sure if they could ever get to that point again. 

She could still hear the harsh words floating throughout her being that were thrown her way by the Clearwater girl. After the Armani girl heard of Harry's heart attack and his death, she drove to his family's home hoping to give her condolences. Harry Clearwater did a lot for her when she moved in with them after he learned of her home life with her foster parents. He gave her a roof over her head, education at a good school, and he even gave her his family like it was her own. Harry brought in a troubled teenager hoping to stir her towards a good and heathy path. A path that he believed she could triumph in. He had become someone special to her.

But as soon as she knocked on the front door of his home, Leah answered with rudeness and harsh words. Armani couldn't exactly blame her. She had just lost a parent which Adrienne knows the pain of even if her memories of her own parents have slightly faded. Adrienne knows of the emptiness that that loss leaves behind. Now it only feels like that emptiness is now tenfold. Like it had opened old wounds.

'I don't ever want to see your face on this property again.'

Adrienne let Leah's final words slither their way through her lungs along with the drugs. She is back to the abandoned hunting cabin that she brought Bella to that one time despite the shadows trying to stir her back to the empty Swan home. Bella was on her way to Italy and Charlie was with the Clearwaters helping them plan the funeral. She didn't feel like being in that home by herself at the moment where Charlie would get upset with her if she hot boxed it. So she came to the next best spot. Her smoking house on the outsides of Forks where no one would bother her. It was the perfect spot for her at the moment.