Chapter 2

It's been a while, hasn't it-

;-;

Don't kill me please (゚∀゚)

~~~~

The bus ride was nothing but a headache. A painful, loud one that only let Miku have nothing more than a brief closing of the eyes - hardly long enough to be called a nap. How people slept on this bus was a mystery. 

After having far too many close calls and losing about ten years of his life span, the bus screeched to a stop, Miku tumbling to the ground with the elegance of an elephant seal, cursing internally as he went. Harry, as attatched to the screen of glass he was, immediately turned to help him.

"Miku are you-" A tap later and Harry was cut off by the monarch of all things headache inducing, a car alarm.

Then Stan gestured to the exit of the bus, where a (rather spritely) old man entered with a grin.

"Ah, Mr Potter," The Hunchback glanced at Miku, "And Mr Owen's," He began collecting Harry's baggage as he spoke, "At last."

~~~~

Miku was directed to wait 'in his room' while Harry had his little meeting, and so now he found himself staring at his decidedly destroyed room, the red head cowering on his bed, and the monstrosity of a furry book snapping at the wooden legs.

Bits of shredded paper littered his room, and Miku sighed at the mess.

He was going to murder the person responsible for this.

Stomping into the room with less elegance than the Whomping Willow, Miku slammed his foot down on the textbook - earning a squeak of surprise from the ginger on his bed - and speedily did the undone buckle back up.

Now subdued and harmless, he turned a frosty glare on the hudled figure currently occupying the place he wanted to be hours ago.

Ron gave him a tentative grin.

Miku scooped the Book of Monsters off the ground, and hurled it at him.

Get.  

Off.

My.

Bed.

***

After kicking Ron (quite literally) off of his bed, Miku had collapsed and fallen straight into a fitful sleep. Without the familiar comfort of his bed (and company) in the Slytherin dorm, peaceful sleep did not come easy. So, a few hours later, Miku started awake, hyperventilating and wide-eyed, as seemed his waking routine these days.

A hand coming up to run through his sweat-soaked peach hair,  Miku sighed.

He was getting better but-

It's exhausting.

He slapped his hands against his cheeks - forcing himself to perk up again. Now was not the time to mope about. Progress was slow - and hard - and it always would be, so being a wet mop wasn't going to do anything but hinder him. There was going to be nothing holding him down - nothing.

Slipping out of the bed, he noted the lack of a mess before pulling on his shoes and attempting to tame his bed hair as he padded downstairs. It was time to eat.

No more skipping meals - he had promised not to, and he was determined not to break it.

Mindlessly, Miku made his way down the stairs.

"Miku Owens?"

Miku reacted immediately - head snapping over to the owner of the voice.

Hermione Granger looked down at him.

He titled his head in question.

What?

"I didn't expect to see you here." She disappeared, and then moments later, a mop of unruly curls bounced into sight as she dashed down the stairs to meet him.

Having left his notepad in his room, and unable to communicate to her in any other way, Miku shrugged. Hermione gave him a look, but seemed to grasp his situation and grabbed his arm, pulling him along.

"Well it's time for dinner, so you may as well tag along with me."

A small smile played at his lips.

This is nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi hiii! It's your friendly neighbourhood author back to say APRIL FOOLS SUCKERS IM NOT ACTUALLY BACK-

Well, I should explain myself, no?

My year summarised: dog died, mental health died with him, school decided to be a pain in the ass, school got stressful, my mental health got worse, which made school life worse, my just general life got like more- (i have 2 jobs, have sport commitments (competitive speaking), play three instruments, even more musical commitments, AND THEN ON TOP OF THAT MY PHYSICAL HEALTH DECIDED TO KICK THE BUCKET TOO *frustrated author noises* annnnd yeah I think you guys get it.

So I've been ultra busy balancing my mess of a life while preparing three other stories that have been bugging me for years (not published yet, but do look out ;)) and this book just kinda went out the window.

I promise you this book has not been abandoned - I retrieved it from its expedition out the window, and I'm going to try to fit it into my schedule where I can - AND I 63% remember the plot for this fanfic, it'll be fineeee.

(Also I swear this is the longest A/N your ever going to get)

What I can't promise is consistent and quick, along with lenghty updates. The updates will come whenever I have time and inspiration, and I have no clue when that will be. I ask for your patience, oh kind and benevolent readers (>﹏<)

Love you all - stay safe, stay healthy, vote, comment and follow me (─‿‿─)

Adieu!

-Quix 

(Unedited, as always)