Chapter 3

Kai's Point Of View

After the awkward encounter with Shino, we all had lunch on the grass under a large tree. Hinata sat on my right side while Kiba and Shino sat on the other side of me. Akamaru began to walk around us and sniff us. As Akamaru sniffed me, I bit back a smile and put my hand down so he could sniff it. I smiled faintly as he licked my finger and looked down at him. I didn't want to draw so much attention to myself, so I hoped that no one would notice, but when I looked back up, Kiba was staring at us.

I flushed with embarrassment and looked down. "Hey, Akamaru likes you!" He practically yelled, drawing attention to me. Akamaru licked me one final time before going off next to Kiba. My blush was dying down, so I looked back up. I sighed quietly and lunch came to an end.

*~*~*TIME SKIP*~*~*

Our sensei didn't take super long to come, so we left fairly early. She had pretty red eyes and unruly dark hair. She led us to a training field and we all sat down. She smiled, "Hello, my name is Kurenai Yuhi. Why don't we all introduce ourselves, starting with our names, likes, and strengths?" She motioned towards Hinata, "Why don't you go first?"

"I-I'm Hinata Hyuuga. I like s-spending time with my cousin, Kai and my strength is my Byakugan..." She said quietly. Shino went next.

"I am Shino Aburame. I enjoy discovering new insect breeds. My strength is my bugs."

"I'm Kai Hyuuga. I like the outdoors, spending time with Hinata, and training. My strength is my Gentle Fist style and taijutsu, but I want to learn more about genjutsu." I said. I anxiously touched my bangs, a habit I had picked up to make sure no one saw my seal. Maybe I should get hair clips or something so I can hide it with my headband. I thought for a second. I shrugged to myself and listened to Kiba's introduction.

"I'm Kiba Inuzuka! I like training with Akamaru and my strength is tracking and the Fang Over Fang." He said enthusiastically, picking up Akamaru and placing him on his head.

Kurenai-sensei smiled. "Okay then, tomorrow we'll have a test to see just how good you new Genin are." With that, she left and we all went home.

Now that it was just Hinata and I, I was a lot more enthusiastic and open. "Hey Hinata-Nee, want to practice our Byakugan and Gentle Fist?" I asked, tilting my head slightly and smiling. She nodded and we kept walking. I was walking backwards so I could talk to Hinata better and didn't notice another Genin- a year older than us- walking and bumped into him just as Hinata was about to warn me.

I turned around in a flash and opened my mouth to apologize, only to be cut off by the Genin and his two friends. "These are Neji's cousins right?" The boy said. I didn't know him, but from the look on his face I could tell trouble would only come from him. His friends nodded and the boy smirked. "I bet they think they're better than us just because they're Hyuuga's like Neji! " I opened my mouth to protest, yet they interrupted me once again, except this time, they pushed Hinata and I to the ground.

I yelped in surprise and pushed myself up only to be knocked back down again. "Get away from her!" I yelled at them, trying to help Hinata. The boys only laughed at us and mocked us. I glared at the boys and whispered "Byakugan." I attempted to use the Gentle Fist style on them, but they saw me and kicked me, causing my Byakugan to deactivate. I glared again, wondering how we were ever going to get out of this.