Chapter 30

Sunoo went with Jay while Jungwon went with Sunghoon. Jay just followed Sunghoon's car. They eventually arrived at a cool restaurant. It doesn't seem to classy and doesn't seem to tacky.

Sunghoon and Jay went to park their cars next to each other. Sunghoon hops off the car and opens the door for Jungwon. Sunoo could only bite his lips.

Sunoo hops off the car and walks up to Jay beside him. Jay envelops his hand on Sunoo's waist. "Is it okay?" Jay referring to his hands on Sunoo's waist.

Sunoo responded in a nod. They went to a table by four. Jungwon and Sunghoon sitting together while facing Jay and Sunoo. The genie couldn't but feel uneasy by Sunghoon's stares and glances on him.

"What would you all gentlemen likes to order?" A female attendant asked.

"Two smoked salmon and a side of sautéed asparagus with pickled radish. For him, He shall have Beef steak, with garlic fried rice, and a soup of wanton. Please don't add chili oil because he doesn't like that." Sunghoon replied.

"And for the both of you?" The female attendant inquired Jay and Sunoo.

"I would have tomahawk steak in a medium rare and a bucket shrimp." Jay replied.

"What about you?" Jay asked Sunoo.

"I can't seem to choose. Can you pick for me?" Sunoo smilingly replied.

"What would you like?" Jay asked.

"Something not heavy. I'm allergic to seafoods." Sunoo informed.

"Ah, okay. Then he'll have a two portions carbonara pasta with lasagna and a strawberry shake." Jay said.

The female attendant went to manage their orders. While waiting, their conversation started.

"You really have a big appetite Sunoo. I wish I could eat like that. I easily get full by a certain amount of foods." Jungwon said.

"That's why you should eat whenever we're going out, so that I can pinch your cheeks more." Sunghoon pinches Jungwon's cheeks which made the latter embarrass.

"You really look good together." Jay said.

"Thanks. But anyway, Sunoo what gift are you giving if Jay somehow scored the free shot?" Jungwon asked.

"I don't know. I haven't actually thought about it. I don't have actually a lot of money, maybe a watch?" Sunoo replied.

"That's cut-" Jungwon was cut off by Sunghoon's laughter.

"What is wrong?" Sunoo genuinely asked.

"You mean, you're giving Jay a watch? That's a cheap one. He has a lot of watches that are really expensive. Try something else." Sunghoon replied passively aggressively.

"I figured. He doesn't accept a cheap watch." Sunoo laughs it awkwardly.

"Sunghoon stop. I do accept watch especially coming from you Sunoo." Jay consoled Sunoo.

Sunoo smiled in return. Their orders came and they started to eat. Meanwhile, their conversation also continued.

"Jungwon is the food into your liking?" Sunghoon asked.

"Yes, I very much like it. Just like our last date. When we were in the ramen shop." Jungwon replied.

"Ramen shop? Did you go to the ramen shop without inviting me?" Jay added in.

"Sorry, the store is only for us. You can find another ramen store to eat." Sunghoon teasingly said.

"Yes, we enjoyed the shop because the chef actually has a lot of skills. Eggs are flying, and pots are in and out of the flame. I even screamed because of the shock. Sunghoon just laughed at me. He's crazy." Jungwon replied.

"Gosh, If I'd known. I would've secretly installed a gps tracker on your car." Jay said.

"Do you like ramen, Sunoo?" Jungwon asked.

"I used to but now I don't." Sunoo replied bitterly. He's being affected by Sunghoon and Jungwon's personal display of affection- in short, PDA.

"Why? Come on now Sunoo. Ramen is one of the best thing to eat. Will you come with me?" Jay asked.

"I don't know. I can't possibly decide right now." Sunoo replied.

"Well you have to find another spot because that ramen spot is ours." Sunghoon said while looking sweetly at Jungwon.

Sunoo's heart began to tremble bitterly witnessing these events. He could only chew and look down. His sassiness left his body. He could only feel sorry for himself by fighting Sunghoon. Knowing Sunghoon could easily move on about him and forget him. Either way, he's a genie and this is a borrowed life.

After they ate, Sunghoon was about to pay for Jungwon's meal but Jungwon insisted to pay for his share. Sunoo really thought at the moment that he can't possibly compete with Jungwon who's independent and is actual human.

"I'll pay for the both of us." Jay said.

"Are you sure? I mean, I can pay back it a little by little." Sunoo lied. He can't pay back that amount of money especially when he can't work.

"Are you paying his meal? Sunoo do you even have money before coming here? Aren't you just leeching Jay?" Sunghoon said.

"Sunghoon's right Jay. Don't worry. I'll pay the money back." Sunoo quivered in embarrassment. Sunghoon shove him the truth that he has really no money besides relying on people's wealth.

"Again, stop Sunghoon." Jay warnings Sunghoon.

"I mean, you just let somebody shoulder your expenses. What an embarrassment." Sunghoon added in.

A tear from Sunoo escaped on his eye, until a second one until more came down. "I said shut the fuck up Sunghoon. I'm the one who invited him, if anything It's my job to treat him." Jay said in anger.

Jay consoled Sunoo and patted his back while whispering, "I'm sorry. It's okay. You don't have to feel bad about not paying. It's really alright."

Sunoo just nodded in response. "Whatever, we're leaving first." Sunghoon said while dragging Jungwon.

"I'm sorry, Sunoo. I'll make sure to talk to him about this." Jungwon said before he left.

Jay paid their meals and went their way, he drove Sunoo home and comforted him before he left. "Bye Jay, thanks for everything." Sunoo said.

"Sure, anytime you want." Jay replied.

Sunoo went inside the building and faces Sunghoon's unit. He weakly presses the code and went in. There Sunghoon at the fridge drinking water.

Sunoo decided to ignore him because what he did was really hurtful. But what's even more hurtful is upcoming Sunghoon's words.

"Sunoo, I have to ask you to leave the unit tomorrow because Jungwon would be coming here. I don't want him to see that we're living together. You can go wherever you want. You can come back after the day. Book a hotel whatever you want, I'll pay for it - As always." Sunghoon said the last two words with intent.

Sunoo could only nod in response and went to lay down on the couch feeling the outmost pain.