4. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦.

Saanjh pov

Saanjh pov

The sunrays directly fell on my face and I gradually blinked my eyes open adapting to the light.

The chamber in front of me felt unusual when abruptly the events of yesterday and ...night swiveled around my head.

I glanced to my right to find myself alone in the enormous bed.

I inflated deeply to compose myself.

I shouldn't expect anything from him.

Keeping my hands on the bed I began to sit up but hissed.

Every muscle in my body was aching.

I was ...sore!

With difficulty, I was finally able to sit on the bed.

Wrapping the quilt around me fully, I stood up taking support of the window.

My eyes widened as I gazed out of the window with a mouth opened wide.

The sun was shining brightly just over my head indicating it was probably noon or past noon.

I slept for so long and nobody woke me up but why?

Though now it made sense why I woke up alone.

Referring to the much I know, he would have completed half of his court's hearing till now.

Gosh, I slept so much.

That too on my first day after marriage.

I thought pressing my lips together in discontent.

Suddenly I felt the door of his chamber being opened, I clutched the quilt close to my chest as an alarming feeling rang inside me.

The four women looked almost of my age as they approached me. In reflex, my hold on the fabric wrapped around me tightened as I shuffled on my toes nervously.

"Queen, you woke up?" One of them with a big oval face asked with her tone lacing with humbleness.

I froze for a second and stared at them with wide eyes without blinking.

All this was too much for me to digest within a day.

This sweetness,

Humbleness,

Soft tone,

I wasn't used to any of this.

All my life since I knew, I was treated like a burden.

An insignificant thing that had no purpose in her life nor others.

But now I was someone's wife.

And that someone was a significant person.

I swallowed the sudden lump formed in my throat.

The sudden heaviness of responsibility washed over me.