Sadness

The rest of the night I spent laying on Eaton's shoulder. He didn't move much so it was kind of comfortable to lay on him. My cheek was touching the really pleasant t-shirt he had on. I could also smell his perfume. He still used the same one---not so strong scent.

He was just observing his friends. I felt bad to just lay on him so he couldn't go have fun with them.

"You can go. I'm okay, Eaton," I said quietly and he looked at me. His eyes scanned my face and then he said: "I'm fine here. But I'll probably go get another Old fashioned. That's not going to take long."

"I can get you one," I answered and straightened my head. Our looks locked and I stood up.

"I can get it myself if you don't feel like going there," he said but I just shook my head no and answered with: "It's my job and you're the guest."

I came back with one Old fashioned and handed it to Eaton.

"I should probably get going and serve some guys," I said and turned around. As I did the first step, I felt a really cold hand catch mine.

"The three of you are supposed to stay here the whole night. Boss knows," Eaton whispered. I wasn't sure if I should sit down next to Eaton again, but then I looked around and saw Rose took care of everything. She was making out with some guy, half naked and the rest of them were watching and laughing at it.

I sat down with my hands in my lap. Eaton shifted closer and looked at my face.

"It's gonna be okay," he said and gently took my shoulder and pressed my head into his chest. As he said these words I couldn't keep it in anymore and I felt tears in my eyes. I started sobbing, still trying to be quiet.

He didn't say anything, all he did was just keep me covered by his body.

"I'm so stupid. This sucks," I mumbled into his chest and felt his hand moving on my shoulder. Instead of words he grabbed his glass and gave it to me. I didn't hesitate and sipped from it.

"What happened is in the past. You can't change that," he said as he took his drink back.

I let the sadness take over. Tears have been uncontrollably running from my eyes and soaking into Eaton's t-shirt.

I felt Eaton's body move back and leaned on the sofa.