REDEMPTION | SKI

"I GAVE YOUR NICKNAME
TO SOMEONE ELSE,
I KNOW YOUR SEEING
SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU,
BUT I DONT WANT YOU TO
SEE NO ONE ELSE"

- DRAKE

Stokeley stepped up the staircase leading to Melanie's apartment. He made it to her door and knocked on it three times. He waited. He knocked again. Melanie swung the door open with her dress halfway on and a makeup brush in hand.

"Hell- Stokeley." Her demeanor changed as she recognized his face.

"Hey." He said blankly. Melanie stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Um, I texted you about my controller and you never responded. I came to pick it up." Melanie sighed, walking away from the door. Stokeley invited himself in.

Melanie searched the couch for his controller. "It's in here somewhere." She said lifting the couch cushions.

"Who's are those?" Stokeley asked, pointing toward the doc martins next to her door.

"Oh um, my boyfriend's." She replied, not bothering to turn toward him.

"Boyfriend?" Stokeley took a seat at the kitchen island. Melanie made her way over to him with his controller.

"Yes, boyfriend. I have plans so here's your controller. You can leave now." She dismissed him. He stayed in place.

"I'm not gonna play these games with you. My boyfriend is gonna be here any minute to pick me up." She demanded. He still didn't move.

"What's he like?" Stokeley asked.

"Better than you."

"I doubt that."

"What?"

"He's not better than me, and you know that."

"Stokeley I'm not going to stand here and talk to you."

"Your makeup looks really good." Stokeley asked picking up an apple from the fruit bowl in front of him. Melanie scoffed.

"Stokeley are you serious?" He nodded. "And that dress... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous."

"You're wasting your time." Melanie said.

"Am I really? You haven't made a serious effort to get me out of here." Stokeley stood up. He slowly walked toward Melanie. His face was no more than 5 inches away from hers. Every good brain cell in her head told her to push him away, but she didn't.

"I lied to you. I didn't just come here for my controller. I miss you so fucking much. You know, everytime I see you post on your Instagram I can't help but reminisce. Our conversations, the adventures, the way I used to fuck you." He gently grabbed her hand, placing it on his crotch. "Can you feel just how excited being in your presence is making me?"

"Stokeley you know I can't. This is wrong." She uttered.

"But you're pressed against me, groping me. You know you want to." He whispered in her ear. "I know you're dying to take me to your room and use me. I know you, Melanie."