Awakening

~

I don't know how long I was out for, but when opened my eyes, all I could see was a  fog. Thin, grey, mystical fog.

I became aware that I lay sprawled out against the hard, pebble textured floor, so I rose and looked around once my vision allowed me to. I was still at the lake...but if felt different. It even looked different. It had a more magical aura, and seemed more nature and spiritual. The trees around the lakes' banks had a strange glow, so did the plants. Looking up, the sky....was nowhere to be seen. Like it wasn't there...and that worried me.

Where was everyone else? Was I by myself?

The atmosphere got dark and I no longer felt safe. My breathing became labored. I was by myself...alone. Alone where danger could harm me.

I bent to my knees trying my best not to cry.

Do not cry child, a voice said once tears started to escape my eyes, rolling freely down my cheeks. I looked around through my glossy eyes to see no one. Was I hallucinating? It didn't help my anxiety either as I sank to the floor, even more tears falling.

I then felt a powerful presence appear in front of me. I refused to open my eyes to possible danger. I'd rather be killed without being frightened by the appearance of my killer.

I'm not here to hurt you child. I'm here to help you young Cassandra.

It knew my name.

I have been called many things in my lifetime, but 'it' is a new one. This was followed by soft chuckling.

I opened my eyes, to see the color of a radiant, white fabric what had the rainbow as an outline. It was straight, but bulging. Almost puffy. I then saw what I thought was a leg. It had two shades, both black and white...like a person with vitiligo. My eyes traveled further until I noticed that it was a dress...and a person's leg. The dress had a slight puff to it, but its skirt was slim overall. It had intricate designs I swore I'd seen earlier...on the enchanted sphere. The skirt was attached to a a slim, shiny, leather looking top that had laces at the top and it had a few rhinestones? No, Stars!

It had stars embraided in it's design that covered a chest with a heavy bust. Woah. Along one vitiligo arm, was a non-existent sleeve where a few stars were placed and the other arm was free with a shining glove encasing it's hand. Then came the face of a woman. A very beautiful one at that. She had completely white eyes—almost silver and shining, with a peaceful yet stern looking expression where the vitiligo continued. She looked regal.

Her eyes were shadowed with gold dust and her eyeliner on point. She had glossy full lips and a smooth, clear face with stars situated on her nose and cheeks, which I assumed were freckles. On her ears, were interesting earrings. In her right she had a few different colored stars with a long drooping one that resembled the first phases of the moon, with the right held a paw print and the rest of the moon phases. They all glowed individually.

Her head held a shining black waterfall of hair, in a ponytail that was decorated with a tiara, stars and the moon itself. A few sections of hair fell down onto her forehead, gracefully. In conclusion, she was a goddess.

She smiled at me and spoke, "Lucky guess child" her voice was low and heavenly.

No way!! She couldn't be... It was the moon goddess...and she was right here...in front of Me!! And here I was....ignoring her excellency!! I fell into a low, respectful bow swearing at myself for my stupidity. My parent's and pack would be so disappointed at my lack of decency.

"Please...don't" she plead, "We can't have that now, you've got a mission to accomplish"

She extended her hand towards me, "Come with me, take my hand so the darkness will no longer bring you down" she spoke. And that I did.

When our hands touched, a feeling of comfort washed over me as she helped me to my feet. I felt stronger, unstoppable...invincible. "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we" she laughed.

I smiled sheepishly, finally allowing the fact that she could read my mind sink in. We started walking, and as we dis so, the dark mist became clear as if being purified by her presence. We walked for a while, until I felt reassured. We walked around the lake, and I noticed a tree with its curtain of leaves hanging down.

"This is where you are needed to be" she said letting go of my hand.

"Aren't you coming with me?" I asked feeling a little lower how that she no longer held my hand.

"No child, this isn't my journey. It is however, yours"

She must've seen my hesitance, because she placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled. She removed a star from her tiara, and placed it on my chest.

"Don't worry, or be afraid, I'll be there with you. Always. I wish I could stay and help guide you, but there are others like yourself who need my help...even if they don't know it yet"

With that, I smiled and bowed respectfully before walking to the tree. Once there, I glanced back at her, to see her smiling brightly before I walked through. It felt like stepping through a magical veil. As soon as I took a couple steps, I began noticing a white fog. Enveloped in it's presence, I noticed something.

I slowly inched closer, and closer only to find it was a grey wolf with purple strikes on her fur. With very intimating eyes, "She's beautiful" I whispered.

She didn't seem to notice me until I muttered that.

~

Sorry guys I didn't update it sooner I got caught up with school work....... Anyways here you have it, a very short chapter. A filler actually, but it's still something. Please remember to vote and comment and that's all.