eleven

"I still don't like they gave up their spot so easily. Doesn't sound like them." Lucianna was saying as we were all sitting backstage. She was wearing brown leather pants and on top she had an orange top with flower pattern.

"I don't care why they did it." Niccolo said. "What matters is that we'll be performing at the Chesire in 10 minutes."

He was wearing black jeans and a white victorian styled shirt.

"Don't move." Alex said while trying to apply him eyeliner. She was wearing fishnets and a black short with a cropped band shirt on top. She had tied her hair up in a pontyail which wasn't very usual for her to do so.

I continued to do my makeup in silence. I had decided to wear a white dress and put on a black leather jacket on top.

"I wish our original song was ready to play." Nic said.

"Yeah that'd be dope." I said. "But we'll do it soon. I know that."

He looked at me and smiled. Alex pulled away from him once she was done with his eyeliner.

"Are we good to go?" Lucianna asked with bright eyes. I could tell that she was exicted. We all were.

This wasn't the first time we'd perform. Sure it wasn't. But it was Chesire. On a Friday night.

"Let's go Corvinos. Can't let the audience wait."
*
We got on the stage to make arrangments. Everything was actually pre-handled but we cheked our insturments one more time.
Alex in bass.
Luci in drums.
Nic and I in guitars.

Who sings? People would often ask us. And the answer was all of us. Even Luci occasionaly.

I was arranging the microphones to open the stage. I flinched when Alex approached me and whispered.

"Those bastards are here."

Didnt take long for me to realize who was she reffering to.
Among the crowd, I saw Damiano, Ethan, Victoria and Thomas. Måneskin, as they called themselves.

Their presence was nerve wracking because all of us knew we had to be good. Too good so that they would be intimidated by us.

I side eyed Alex before going back to the mic.

"Hey everyone." I said to take attention from the crowd. "We're the Corvinos."

An applause started. Once it was over, Niccolo took over. " Hope you enjoy the treat today. " he said. Again, he caused us to recieve applauses.

Corvino meant Raven in italian. Jet Black.
Ever since we had came up with our name, we would open our stage with the same song. So we did.

Insturments started first and shortly after, I started to sing.

"I am a man who walks alone
And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park"

After me Niccolo started to sing his own part of the song.

*
Next hour went by so quickly. This would always happen we would perform. We usually would start of with strong songs that are upbeat but moving to the end, we would continue with rock ballads.

We all have different favorites as a band and we'd like to interpret every of them.

Closing the stage we decided to sing Across the Universe. By originally the Beatles. It was a song Alex liked to sing so she sang the song, taking help from Nico and me for backing vocals.

After the song was over, Lucianna came to the front to stand with us.

"Thanks for listening everyone!" Nic said.

"We'd like to see you again." I said.

"Yeah, if we every play again here." alex whispered but her whisper was so inaudible that luckily it wasnt heard through the microphone.

After accepting applauses we got off the stage. It was almost two am and I was feeling tired. Very tired. My hands were sore my legs were shaking and my throat was hurting.

Once we were in the backstage we all hugged each other as we always would.

"Corvinos. I said. Once again successfull."

"We should drink," Alex offered. "To celebrate."

Even though we were tired we all could ıse a drink.

"Yeah." I said as I was litting my cigarette. "That'd be great actually."

After everyone accepted the offer we left the backstage and went into the bar. We sat on the bar stools. One of the bartenders came near us.

"Were you the band that played?" he asked.

Alex nodded. "You were great." he said. She thanked him.
I think we all knew each other to a point where we knew this would end up in bathroom sex.

Shortly after they started flirting a different friend group approached us. It was consisting of two girls and a guy.

There was the thing. Both Niccolo and I went both ways. But Luciana on the other hand, was a lesbian.

So everytime we were in a situation like this, Niccolo and I would be the ones trying to figure out who was hitting on who.

Girls who we learned their names were June and Carmen started to talk to us. The boy named Danny had went to refill our drinks.

We chatted with them all night long until the fucking bar was closed. After that, we exchanged numbers and went our separate ways -except for Alex-

"I'm telling you." Niccolo insisted. "Carmen was flirting with me and Danny was flirting with you.

I rolled my eyes. "No you fucker. Carmen was flirting with me and Danny was flirting with you. You just didn't realize he was because you were too busy interrupting us."

Niccolo raised his hands, claiming he is innocent. "I did no such thing." he defended himself.

"You did." a voice said. It wasn't me. It was Luci.

"You tell him Luci," I said. Niccolo united his hands on his chest like a child. He started to walk like that until he realized it was a dumb thing to do.

"Anyways," he smirked. "They loved us. People at the pub I mean. They'll want to see us more often rather than those ugly pricks."

"Shit," I remembered Maneskin's existence. "They were there they saw us perform."

Luci shrugged. "Yeah. It had been months since that last happened."

"We showed them we're better." Niccolo grinned.

"Uh huh." I said. "We killed it." My mind was busy of thinking why they hadn't came after the show. For the last year they would always look for opportunities to annoy us. It was weird they had let the opportunity slide this time.

*

Here goes our first non-texting chapter