Wattpad Original
Mayroong 4 pang mga libreng parte

CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

"SAAN KA pupunta?" tanong ni Khairro sabay pigil kay Ream na akmang lalabas ng sasakyan nang iparada iyon ni Khairro di-kalayuan sa bahay na pinasukan ng Mercedes-Benz na sinundan ng dalawa. "You realize you're in handcuffs, right? And you'll be trespassing?"

Ream sighed and faced Khairro. "I just saw the woman I'm into being abused and you want me to sit here? You should be arresting that middle-aged woman who slapped her!" Hindi mapigilan ni Ream ang galit na nararamdaman niya. "I saw it, Sanford. I can testify!"

Nawala ang atensiyon ni Ream kay Khairro na umiiling nang makitang bumukas ang gate ng bahay kung saan pumasok ang Mercedes-Benz na sinusundan nila, at lumabas doon si Syl.

And seeing Syl caressing her face made Ream snap.

He didn't care if he was in handcuffs. Ang gusto lang niya sa pagkakataong 'yon ay matulungan si Syl. Pero nang makita siya ni Syl, awtomatiko itong humakbang paatras na para bang natatakot ito sa kaniya.

"Syl." Ream's anger doubled when he saw her swollen face. "Your face..."

Syl consciously turned her face to hide it from Ream and calmly spoke to Ream like she was okay. "What are you doing here?"

"I followed you." Ream didn't care if Syl was wary of him, he stepped closer to inspect her swollen face. "I swear, I had no plans to follow you around and harass you, I'm not like that. But I saw what that woman did to you in the parking lot." After cupping Syl's face softly, Ream turned his attention to her bruised hands. "I saw her..."

When Ream looked up to look at Syl, she looked so pale, as if scared, and she pulled her hands away from Ream.

"Naipit lang ang kamay ko sa pintuan kaya nagkapasa ako. This is nothing. You shouldn't have come here." Syl was embarrassed that Ream saw that part of her life, but what was done was done and all she knew was to lie. "Please go, Ream. I'm fine."

"How could you be fine, Syl?" Ream snapped at Syl. "You're being abused! I know you just met me and I'm practically a stranger, but I can help you—"

"No need to help me. I'm fine. This bruise is my doing," kalmado pa ring sagot ni Syl. "This is nothing. You should leave."

"It's not nothing—"

"Syl? Who are you talking to?" a soft woman's voice asked from behind the closed gate.

"Just a homeless person, Ma," pagsisinungaling ni Syl saka para itong nagpa-panic na tinulak palayo si Ream at pabulong na nakiusap. "Please, leave. Please..." pagmamakaawa nito. "Please, Ream..."

Seeing Syl so desperate and panicking while begging, Ream stepped back, but not before putting his calling card on Syl's palm. "If you need anything—anything at all, call me. Anytime. Anywhere. I'll be there."

Hearing footsteps from behind the gate, Ream backed away and ran back to his car, while Syl faced her mother who opened the gate to check on Syl.

"Syl, ilang beses ko bang sasabihin sa 'yo na huwag kang makikipag-usap sa mga pulubi?"

"Sorry, Ma." Nagbaba ng tingin si Syl. "Ma, puwede bang dito na muna ako matulog? Gabi na kasi at delikado sa daan."

"Of course, sweetheart." Her mother smiled fondly. "Ikaw lang naman itong gustong-gusto na sa bahay n'yo matulog."

Syl showed her mother a grateful smile before she went back inside. But before that, she slid Ream's calling card in her pocket instead of throwing it away. She didn't know why she wanted to hang onto it...maybe it was his earnest promise that he could help.