𝗩𝗜. larping

THE ANTIDOTE! ·˚
❛ chapter six ❜

⊹₊ ⋆"I'M GONNA BE LATE, THANKS TO YOU both," Kate complained as they walked through the city

"I'M GONNA BE LATE, THANKS TO YOU both," Kate complained as they walked through the city.

"You're gonna be alive 'Cause of us," Clint replied as he pushed Kim and Kate both onto the inside of the pavement.

"Oh, being a gentleman, walking on the outside," Kate commented. "Nice."

"No, no, It's just so I can hear you," Clint replied. "And to be clear, not 'cause I want to, just 'cause I need to," he said as he pointed up to his ear.

"Oh," hummed Kate. "What happened?"

"Uh... too hard to tell."

"Mommy. Mommy! A superhero!" A little kid yells, pointing over to the direction of Kim, Kate and Clint. "Wow, Stevie, you wanna say hi?" the mother replies, crouching down to his height. The little boy nods rapidly, running towards them, Kimberly couldn't help but laugh when the child runs straight past her father.

"Hey, look, that ones you," Kate speaks up.

"No," Clint shakes his head. "That's Katniss Everdeen. Let's go."

"Your problem is branding," says Kate.

"No," says Clint. "My problem is you. And this ninja suit, and the people trying to kill you 'cause of it. The whole things a problem that we're going to solve today, so we can go home to our family."

"No, it's branding," Kate continues. "Your whole thing is that you're low-key. It's a very hard brand to sell."

"Well, when you're job is literally to be a spy slash Avenger while you have a personal life, it's probably best that you are low-key," Kimberly adds. "Like, I mean, more powerful people have lost a lot more just because the public knew everything about them."

Clint nodded in agreement. "Plus, I'm not really trying to sell anything."

"It should technically make you cooler," Kate went on. "But with the scary stuff that's happened since the Avengers appeared, people don't want that cynical cool thing anymore. They want sincerity.⎯"

"Is that right?" Kim rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"⎯Not self-seriousness, but a heart-on-your-sleeve sincerity." Kate continued. "You are very contained," she says while looking to Hawkeye. "You keep your cards close to your vest, which you wear over a suit of armour and like, 16 other layers of self-protection. All of which, under, finally, is your heart. So, not exactly on your sleeve."