TEN

We talked about making it, 
I'm sorry that you never made it

↫↫↫↫↫

I FOLLOWED COOK AND JJ TO FREDDIE'S SHED AS COOK BLABBERED ON ABOUT SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED ON THE GREEN. As he swung open the door he went straight for a punching bag that was hung up, "You'll never guess what just happened, this skinny Asian fucker was at the Green, body popping on a bit of lino, he's got a little sign sayin' 'Anwar the Magnificent,' ight? He's busking, making cash money, so I said to him... If I can join in, and he says do I know the Buddha Buddha Cheese Buddha routine;" I looked over towards Freddie, who was sat there with Effy, "So I says..." 

"Cook," JJ gains his attention, causing him to put his hands to his side and look over at Effy. 

"Well, blow bubbles up my bollocks and call me Shirley." 

JJ awkwardly shuffled around before he spoke, "Welcome to our fortress of solitude!" 

We all shuffled around before I sat down next to Effy, who was giving me a strange look, "What," I said quietly to her.

"You always hang out with him?" She questioned me, looking over towards Cook who was taking a drag of a spliff, "I thought you didn't want it to be..."

"I don't know what I want it to be," I moved my body so I could face her better, "I'm as confused as you are, Eff."

JJ overheard, "What are you talking about?" He asked me.

I raised a brow, "The... Color of my room," I lied, "I am confused about what color I want to paint my room, J."

He gave me a confused look, "What color is it now?"

"White, plain old, boring white."

"Well," JJ tilted his head, "Sometimes white can be a good color for a room if you have enough decorations."

I nodded, "Right, I get that, but sometimes those decorations... end up with other people." 

This confused JJ even more, he looked over to Freddie and Cook for a second, "Are people stealing your decor, Kat? That might need to be reported if you are getting your stuff stolen." 

I leaned back in my spot, "I'm not getting my decor stolen, but someone is stealing my booze and pages from my writing notebook," I looked at Cook for a second, "But, what I'm getting at is sometimes your things just end up with other people, whether you know it or not. And I know exactly where and who it's been with and I am not sure if I want it anymore."

Cook awkwardly cleared his throat before he passed Freddie his spliff, "Maybe you should put your name on it so nobody takes it."

I let out a sigh, "Maybe I don't want to put my name on anything right now."

"Maybe your things would stay in one place if you did," Effy spoke up.

"See, she gets it," Cook pointed at her.

"My things are always in my room. But, when they're not, they like to travel around with my mates and they're getting on my nerves," I looked over at Cook once again.

"I am... I don't think I am quite understanding what is going on," JJ then said, looking between me and Cook, "Is Cook the one stealing your stuff? I'm sure he will give it back. Right?"

Cook nodded, "Right."

I sighed before I stood up, "I am going home," I told them, "Thanks for the spliff, Freds," I nodded at him before I walked towards the door; Cook watched me with careful eyes.