Chapter 4: Through Pain We become Witcher

Previously on the witcher story...

We see Y/N sitting on the bed while still recovering while listening to Reidrich.

Reidrich: Yes, but there a only a few. Now you should get some rest. You'll be fully recovered soon. You'll need it for what comes next.

Y/N: Tilts my head. What do you mean?

Vesemir: Your time is almost coming... To transform into a witcher...

Everything went black and we're move to see y/n's still in the recovery. Eating warm soup mixed with herps to heal little faster. But he didn't feel better not by the cold.

Y/N POV

Its been days since the trials and I still mourned my friends death. I get that the witchers don't expect all of us survive the trials but I wish I could've save everyone I could but I was weak like we all are. I took out a Griffin claw out of my pocket and look at it, reminding me that how this world works. That monsters will always be merciless and will never hesitates...to kill anyone. After that, I remember what Vesemir said once.

Vesemir: It wasn't easy Y/N, but all you should know is that don't die. Because it will be painful. But that'll be later. Until then, don't give up too soon.

I put the claw back in my pocket and finish the soup. Then I saw Reidrich entering the room.

Reidrich: Checks the papers. Its been past couple of days maybe week. You should be good to go right now, but I strongly recommend that you should take it slow until you're ready for the trials.

Y/N: Thank you. Gets up. Do you know where I can find Vesemir? I just want to thank him for helping me.

Reidrich: I'm afraid he's not here anymore, he's off to go to an investigation somewhere at the ruins. He probably be back in a few days maybe a week at the most.

Y/N: Oh right um I should go see my friends then.

Reidrich: Indeed, though I may have to warn you ahead.

Y/N: looks at him. Huh.

Reidrich: I believe that Vesemir warned you about the trials of grasses?

Y/N: Only That it'll be painful.

Reidrich: very much...and that only a few made it out alive...

This lead me to worry about my friends of what we are about to go through. I only hope that we're strong enough to make it. Just as I'm exited the room and head to my friends. They were happy to see me alive.

Lambert: You one tough bastard! I swear, you have to stop dying!

Eskel: We all literally thought you died! Twice!

Y/N: Oh please, you think a swamp filled with bunch of monsters is gonna be enough to kill me?

???: well yeah, because you probably draw too much attention.

I look at someone who was talking to me. It was Remus looking at me.

Remus: Hey, thanks for saving me back at the swamp and sorry I punched you back in training.

Y/N: Softly punches his arm as I smile. Glad to see you in one piece. And its fine by the way, we all made it out alive. Wish I can say the same for Dally...

Geralt: Comforts me. He was a friend. But we also heard that you fought that Griffin on your own.

Lambert: surpised. Wait he did? Why didn't no one told me?