Chapter 2

It started when I was in high school. It feels like it wasn't that long ago but it's been years.

"Violet! C'mon, we're gonna be late for class!," my best friend, Brittany yelled. "I'm trying to open my lock but it just won't open.," I say in a frustration. After, my hundredth time trying to get my lock open... it finally opens. I sigh in relief and get my books out. As soon I close my locker the bell rings and Brittany and I power walk to class.

Class was the usual. You sit down and listen to teachers talk about things that don't really help you much in life. My Favourite class was Journalism. Sometimes, during class we were able to do free writes and that's when I work my magic. Brittany and I owned fan accounts. We lived for bands. Any kinds of bands, 5 seconds of summer was one of our Favourites. She liked Michael and Ashton and I liked more of Calum.

"You're coming over right?," I ask Brittany. "Depends. Oh! I heard they're giving out 5SOS concert tickets and meet and greets. We should try to win them." It wasn't that simple. There were tons of people who loved 5SOS but they meant so much to me. I love everything about them. Not just because they were in band and toured all over the world. "Britt, I doubt we'd have a chance. I mean there's like tons of girls who love them. We don't stand a chance." I look down upset. "Violet, I'm sure that we'll be able to win." For moment I actually felt like we had a shot. But, I realized that I'd probably make a fool out of myself while meeting 5SOS. Brittany was a pro when it came to talking to famous people. She's met tons from singers to actors. For a 16 year old girl, she sure did travel a lot. "Fine! But if we don't win... I'll... I don't know... Be able to post something from your twitter...," I smile accomplished of what I just said. "There's nothing embarrassing that you can possibly post about me.," she smirks. I glare at her in a playful way and she returns the gesture back.

The rest of the walk to my house was quiet. Not the awkward quiet but the nice peaceful quiet. I check the time and realize I had three missed calls from my mom. I started getting scared and call her right back. She doesn't pick up. I grab Brittany by her arm and tell her that we have to run all the way to my house. When I get home my mom
Is sitting on the kitchen table.

"Mom?" I say nervously. She gestures me to sit down and I do as she says. "Violet... I've been meaning to tell you this for quite a while now... But, it's been hard for me to say...," I started getting more nervous than I should be.
"W-What is it?" She tells me to close my eyes and to stick my hands out. I close my eyes and wait for her to tell me to open my eyes. And as soon as she does i look down at my hands and see she bought me two ticks to see 5 seconds of summer. "Oh my god... MOM YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!!" I stand up and hug her tightly thanking her repeatedly. Brittany just smiles at me and I give her one if the tickets so she can have. I couldn't stop smiling. It was the best feeling in the world. Like, you felt nervous for the day to come. It's like going up to your crush and telling him or her that you like her and they say they like you too. "You deserved them, sweetie." I keep thanking her even though she kept telling me not to thank her. This was it. This was actually happening. I have tickets.

Since it was Friday, Brittany decided to stay the night with me. We ended up going on YouTube and watching ever single 5SOS video. We watched every interview. "It's hard to believe that they actually saved my life. And to go see them live!," I say. "Your mom is the best. Sometimes I feel like she's my mom because, I spend so much time here at your house and she literally treats me like I'm one of her own." I start laughing and realize it was true. My mom loved Brittany. Of course she would she's been my best friend since 1st grade. I close my laptop and we decide to just go to sleep.

I slowly start opening my eyes because my curtains were opened and the sun was literally in my face. I groan and close the curtains and lay down. I open my laptop and log into twitter. I scroll through the top trends and see that "#LukeHemmingsandAleishaBackTogether" is trending. I shake Brittany's shoulder and tell her to wake up. "Shh I'm trying to sleep,Vi." I roll my eyes and shake her shoulder again. "Britt, The number one trend on Twitter is about Aleisha and Luke." She opens her eyes wide and grabs the laptop from me and she starts screaming. I have to cover her mouth so she wouldn't wake the neighbors and my mom up. I click on the hashtag and we see that it was a fake rumour. We sigh in disappointment knowing that it was too good to be true. I go on my phone and make a countdown of the days till
the Rock Out with your Sock Out tour. "Only one month" I think to myself. "One month until I meet him.. The Calum Hood."

After a couple of hours of just sitting on my bed with Brittany. We decide to head downstairs for breakfast. Surprisingly there were pancakes, bacon, and eggs, on the table. "Goodmorning girls. How'd you sleep?" She asks. "Amazing!," we say at the same time. "Have any plans for today,mom?" Usually around this time she goes to work. I guess they gave her the day off. "No. Not today. What about you? You girls can use the car and go to the mall. Make sure you refill the gas on the way back." I look at Brittany and Brittany looks at me and we smile. We both finish our break fast and run upstairs and change. I didn't really have anything good to wear but I just found a Blink 182 shirt and some black ripped skinny jeans. I had to let Britt use my clothes because she didn't pack any clothes with her. Best thing about being best friends with someone is being able to share each other's clothes and loving the same things as each other.

When we're about to head out we say by to mom and we decide not to go to the mall. We both decided on going to a music store to buy more CD's. We had this tradition that when my mom gave us the car We would both go to the music store to buy CD's and Tapes and Records. We came here this time because we wanted to get the new 5SOS CD that came out. We also tried finding Hey Violet's albums but we could only find Cherri Bomb's album, This is the End of Control. We decide to buy those and we head out. "One more month." I kept thinking to myself while listening to the new 5SOS album.

~~~~~~~~
Finally updated. (: enjoy.