2

❝𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁?❞

❝𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁?❞

𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗗𝗬𝗡 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 Hogwarts Express with a smile on her face, ready to leave St. Witches for Young Women, the orphanage she was placed in as a baby. She walked to the compartment that her girlfriend and best friend were in, trunk in hand.

When she got in the compartment, Nola Avenea immediately embraced her. Londyn happily embraced her friend, as she ranted about her summer.

"Evan was soooooo annoying all summer! He kept going on about that Granger girl, the one that hangs out with Harry Potter? The reallyyy smart one? He's like, obsessed with her!"Londyn laughed as she sat next to her girlfriend, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"How was your summer love?" Adhara Creevy asked, moving her bleach-blond hair out of her face.

"Same old boring orphanage stuff." Londyn started, "Did you see the news?"

"Yeah, I can't believe someone actually escaped! How's the ministry handling it Lonnie?" Nola said, letting Adhara lift her trunk up to the shelf for her, since she was too short.

"They're putting dementors everywhere, and Fudge wanted them inside Hogwarts but Dumbledore said they are only allowed at the entrance to the grounds."

The two nodded, and Adhara spoke up.

"I heared there was a new teacher on the train, lets go find them!" The three walked until they found The Golden Trio's compartment, and saw a sleeping figure. They knocked on the door and when it opened, Nola asked Ron,

"Excuse me, is that Proffesor Lupin? We were looking for him." Ron told them they could wait 'till he woke up in their compartment, and so they sat down with them. After some awkward silence, Nola, Harry, and Adhara began to talk about Qudditch and Hermione and Londyn talked about Sirius Black. Londyn told her about how he was most likely innocent, and her reasons for that,when the train slowly came to a stop.

"We must be nearly there," said Ron, leaning forward to look past Professor Lupin at the now completely black window. "Great," said Ron, getting up and walking carefully past Professor Lupin to try and see outside. "I'm starving. I want to get to the feast. . . ."

"We can't be there yet," said Hermione, checking her watch. "So why're we stopping?" Nola asked. Harry only shrugged. Harry, who was nearest the door, got up to look into the corridor. All along the carriage, heads were sticking curiously out of their compartments. The train came to a stop with a jolt, and distant thuds and bangs told them that luggage had fallen out of the racks. Then, without warning, all the lamps went out and they were plunged into total darkness. "What's going on?" said Ron's voice from behind Harry. "Ouch!" gasped Hermione. "Ron, that was my foot!" Harry felt his way back to his seat and sat beside Nola. "D'you think we've broken down?"

"Dunno . . ." Adhara answered Harry's question. "There's something moving out there," Ron said. "I think people are coming aboard..." The compartment door suddenly opened and someone fell painfully over what Londyn assumed was Harry's legs. "Sorry — d'you know what's going on? — Ouch — sorry —" "Hullo, Neville," said Harry, feeling around in the dark and pulling the 'Neville' boy  up by his cloak. "Harry? Is that you? What's happening?" "No idea — sit down —" There was a loud hissing and a yelp of pain; Neville had tried to sit on Hermione's cat.

"I'm going to go and ask the driver what's going on," came Hermione's voice. Londyn felt her pass her, heard the door slide open again, and then a thud and two loud squeals of pain. "Who's that?"

"Ginny?"

"Hermione?"

"What are you doing?"

"I was looking for Ron —" "Come in and sit down —" "Not here!" said Harry hurriedly. Londyn  stifled a laugh. "I'm here!" "Ouch!" said Neville. "Quiet!" said a hoarse voice suddenly. Professor Lupin appeared to have woken up at last. None of them spoke.  There was a soft, crackling noise, and a shivering light filled the compartment. Professor Lupin had used the Lumos spell.His wand illuminated his tired, gray face, but his eyes looked alert and wary. As Remus Lupin looked around the compartment, there was a pull at his heart. James sat in front of him, his best friend, here?However, it wasn't until he noticed the boy's eyes, they were Lily's. They were green. This was Harry. "Oh, Proffesor Lupin woke up! I'm Londyn Perkins, me and my friends were looking for you" Londyn stated. Remus turned to look at her. Again, something pulled at his heart. Standing in front of him was a beautiful girl with aristocratic features, warm grey eyes , and shoulderblade-length brown hair. She looked like a female Regulus with James' eyes and hair.

"Stay where you are," Remus spoke in the same  voice, and he got slowly to his feet with his wand held out in front of him. The door slid open. Standing in the doorway, illuminated by the wand in Lupin's hand, was two cloaked figures that towered to the ceiling. Their faces was completely hidden beneath their hoods.Londyn knew what this was. There was a hand protruding from each cloak and it was glistening, grayish,slimy-looking, and scabbed, like something dead that had decayed in water. . . .But it was visible only for a split second.

As though the creatures beneath the cloaks sensed Nola's gaze, the hands were suddenly withdrawn into their black cloak. And then the dementor drew along, slow, rattling breath, as though it were trying to suck something more than air from its surroundings. An intense cold swept over them all. Harry felt his own breath catch in his chest. The cold went deeper than his skin. It was inside his chest, it was inside his heart. . . Londyn saw someone jump in front of Nola,then the figure fell to the floor. The other dementor came towards Lupin, and Londyn and Lupin sent the same incantation towards the two different dementors, however Nola was not paying attention, she was hovering over Harry.(1)   "Harry! Harry! Are you all right?" Hermione asked eagerly.

Harry woke up to the voice, and asked quickly, "What was that?"

Londyn explained the attack and why it was here, and Ron looked at her quizicially.

"How do you know all this?" Londyn smiled at the ginger.

"I'm Junior Minister for Magic at the ministry." There were many gasps and 'wows' of the weird group in the compartment. Neville and Ginny stood up, and told the group they were leaving.

Lupin cracked up  a chocolate bar, and passed a piece to everyone, minus Crookshanks.

A/N long chapter, this took me like two hours and i used  the dementor part from someone elses book, but i paraphrased it a lot.

(1) yes this is a harry x oc (nola) book