Chapter 5

By midday, Thomas, Nate and Hermione found themselves at the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron, waiting for the Wiccan family to arrive. Thankfully, they didn't take too long to arrive, with Daniel walking ahead, holding a young girl's hand. When they got closer, Nate would be able to tell that the girl had shoulder-length, light brown hair, the same shade as her brother's, and that she blue-tinged, light grey eyes.

"Hi you two." Dan said as he got close to Nate and Hermione. "Nate, this is my little sister Erin. Erin, this is Nate, he's one of Hermione's friends."

"Hi there." Nate would smile at her.

"Hello.." Erin said quietly, as their parents joined them. Nate realised that their mother had long, dark hair, vibrant green eyes and pale skin, similar to both her children. Dan and Erin's father, on the other hand, had light blue eyes, short black hair and cream coloured skin, a few shades darker than that of his family as if he actually spent some time outside on a regular basis.

As soon as Dan and Erin's parents approached, Thomas would walk forward and introduce himself to them, before looking at Nate and Hermione. "Would you two mind helping the kids get onto Diagon Alley? You can show them around as well while I help their parents." He said to them.

"Of course." Nate would nod and smile as he and Hermione led Dan and Erin into the Leaky Cauldon and into the small, walled courtyard behind it.

"This is a bit of a let-down..." Dan said, as he looked around the courtyard, which had nothing in it but a few weeds and an old metal bin.

"Hold on a second." Nate said as he drew his wand and examined the wall in front of them, counting the bricks. After about a minute, when he was sure he had the right brick, Nate tapped it three times with the tip of his wand, causing the brick to quiver. A small hole formed in the brick, which gradually grew, until a small archway stood in the wall in front of them, revealing a long, twisting road ahead of them.

"Wow... That is impressive." Dan said, looking out at the street. "But, we don't have any money? Assuming wizards use different money to us."

"We do. But don't worry about that, my dad will help your parents deal with that. We can meet them at Gringotts, the wizard bank. Besides, Hermione needs to exchange some of her money as well." Nate said as he led them through the archway, which shrank back into a solid wall behind them.

Dan and Erin looked around as the four walked along, looking at the many witches and wizards going about getting shopping, a lot of them having children with them who were getting Hogwarts supplies of their own. "Is.. Is it always this busy..?" Erin asked shyly as they walked past a small wizarding family.

"It depends on the time of year, really.. But in the summer holidays, it tends to get busier. Especially with Hogwarts students getting their supplies and books for the new year." Hermione said kindly, as she looked over her shoulder at Erin, from where she was walking beside Nate.

Eventually, the group stopped outside a large, snowy white building that towered above the other buildings nearby, with a set of large, bronze doors at the top of a few steps. On either side of the doors, there were a pair of goblins wearing scarlet and gold uniforms. The goblins were several inches shorter than Erin, and had clever, swarthy faces, complete with pointed beards. As was typical with goblins, they also had very long fingers and feet, and both of them bowed the group forward through the bronze doors. Now, the four of them were standing before a larger pair of doors, silver this time, with words engraved on them:

"Enter, stranger, but take heed
Of what awaits the sin of greed,
For those who take, but do not earn,
Must pay most dearly in their turn.