ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ | ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ᴏɴ

"ɪғ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ sɪɴɢʟᴇ ʟᴇssᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ ᴛᴇᴀᴄʜᴇs ᴜs, ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ sᴏ."

ʟᴇᴠ ɢʀᴏssᴍᴀɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄɪᴀɴs

When you followed that woman out of that small room you were being held captive in, you weren't exactly sure what to expect.

Immediately after being led out of your concrete prison, the first thing you noted was that it had been a room located in the basement of the house; one that was used for storing various tools, boxes, old furniture and a workbench used for crafting. To the ignorant eyes of a naive on-looker, that probably would seem completely normal- however for someone like you had been looking straight into the eyes of the devil, it was nothing short of a nightmare.

Your eyes shifted towards the woman who walked further ahead of you, her soft footsteps falling into a mesmerizing pattern against the wooden flooring. She didn't seem like the type of person who would hurt anyone, she was more soft-spoken and kind- at least from what you had observed so far. In comparison to the man you had the misfortune of coming in contact with earlier, she was a dream to deal with.

There wasn't much of a verbal exchange along the way to your destination, instead, she kept a gentle yet firm grip on your hand so that she wouldn't squeeze too hard, but held tightly enough so that you wouldn't even think about trying to wiggle out of her grip and running off. Not that you'd be brave enough to try- as far as you were concerned, the man that you had previously encountered was still out there and the last thing you wanted to do was run into him and have him finish what he originally intended to start.

Out through the basement door, through an entrance room, up the stairs and a few sharper turns down more hallways on the second floor. The house, or mansion it would seem, was absolutely massive, a mass of hallways, spacious rooms, and art statements. It was like a maze and nearly left you dizzy at the number of doors that you had passed. 

The whole home seemed to follow a particular theme, something more classic and traditional with its dark wooden floors and furniture pieces displaying ornate details. If this were a different situation, you'd probably think that it was all incredibly beautiful. But the clean woods and lavish decorations was only a facade to mask the truly terrible secrets that were hidden deep within the home.

You both walked for a while longer, almost to the point where you were beginning to grow tired of being tugged about like a child.  The place where you were headed seemed to be (un)conveniently placed at the end of it all- a white door at the end of the second story hall that your companion protruded a key for. She let go of your hand momentarily, just long enough so that she could place the key in the lock and push open the door.

It turned out to be a moderately sized bedroom. You weren't very sure who it belonged to, though it seemed to be rather tidy and unused judging by various items that were kept in their respective places for decoration and the bed that was already made and tucked in. The only thing that looked like it may have been touched was the large bedroom window- its curtains were drawn apart so that the soft glow of the moon could stream in through the glass. It was night time, it would seem. So just how long have you been here exactly? A few hours? A day? There wasn't much for you to go by so you couldn't keep track.