ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ | ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀʟ

"ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴄʜᴏsᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀғᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ. ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, ᴘʟᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. ɪ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴊᴜᴍᴘ ᴛᴏᴏ sᴏᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴀɪʟ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs. ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ: ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ. ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀғᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴏғ ғᴇᴀʀ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴛʀᴜsᴛᴇᴅ."

― sᴛᴇᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅɪᴇʀ

.) ᴛʀᴀᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ.

Showing skin and amplifying the over-all appearance of your figure had never been something that interested you, which was why when the decision of what to wear for such a formal event came forward, you already knew the kind of things that would automatically be crossed out and taken out of the picture completely.

It didn't seem to be a very difficult choice for you to make like you would have thought. In fact, once you were able to sit and ponder things more thoroughly, it all seemed to go together smoothly. In the end, it was a wedding and you felt as if you should stick with an appearance that was more classic and traditional, something simple and although not exactly glam, it would be gorgeous none the less.

A portfolio of different styles and brands of wedding gowns had been brought out earlier in the consultation, which made things much less hectic for you to have to consider on your own. You were aware of big brand name dresses that other girls would fawn over- just like other designer pieces that some of your other female classmates would squeal about when circling fashion magazines during lunch or changing sessions in gym class. Just like then, it wasn't your forte. You didn't mind choosing something that others would think was too bland for them.

You closed the dress portfolio in front of you, sliding it across the smooth surface of the table towards the wedding planner across from you.

"I think I'd be more comfortable with a traditional dress- something simple would be great."

It probably wasn't something that she was used to hearing- not often at least. You were sure that the vast majority of brides that walked through the doors of the bridal shop all had dreams of large over-the-top weddings, weddings that were fit for a princess. Jaw-dropping wedding gowns, sparkles, and beautiful venues- they wanted to have it all and things had to be absolutely perfect for them. You weren't like those other brides, you were different.

She seemed to understand that, they both did, even if it took them a little while longer to process. The wedding planner, still wearing her kind, polite smile, gently took the portfolio away from you so that she could tuck it beneath her right arm.

"Then that should be it, for now at least. If you'd like to, you can head on to the back to start trying on some of the dresses."

The idea in itself seemed to excite Katyusha immensely. Her blue eyes brightened even more than they had when you both first came in, her lips forming a wide, cheerful grin. It was obvious that she was enjoying the process of preparing for the wedding much more than you were. She was much more optimistic and eager about putting together each and every detail, even going so far as talking much more than you did and rambling on about what she thought would be good choices and ideas to take into consideration.